Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the reason for the d-line struggles this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

What is the reason for the d-line struggles this year?

Jan 8, 2020, 3:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3<4***

Jan 8, 2020, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At first I didn't believe you, but then I opened up my

Jan 8, 2020, 3:12 PM

Microsoft Excel and performed a few calculations and turns out you're 100% right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I was a little nervous throwing that out there...

Jan 8, 2020, 3:15 PM

thanks for checking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had freak athletes last season

Jan 8, 2020, 3:04 PM

And our DTs didn't pan out. Relying on a true freshman to get pressure up the middle

This! They are serviceable and compared to other dlines they are fine

Jan 8, 2020, 3:10 PM

But you are comparing them to a dline with a senior Christian Wilkins, junior Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell, and Austin Bryant, and backups that could start for many teams.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We had freak athletes last season

Jan 8, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to We had freak athletes last season ]

I would say Davis did an awesome job as a true freshman. I would say it is all perspective. I mean last years line did unprecedented things. This years line just hasn't produced the flashy sacks that last years line did. I think that is what people are referring to. Not how they do on a play to play basis. I would say that they don't pressure the quarterback like they did last year, and of course they wouldn't. If I had to pick something out though, it does appear that our ends like to just bull rush. I never see any technical moves coming from the edges. I mean I think everyone who thinks negatively about it wants to point fingers at XT but 1. he is still young and 2. He was able to get by on speed alone last year. Now that speed rush is being neutralized and he's gotta get more technical. All this to say, I don't think we have anything to worry about!

Re: What is the reason for the d-line struggles this year?

Jan 8, 2020, 3:06 PM

They struggled?

Jan 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

must have missed a few games.how many did we lose?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

When did we struggle?***

Jan 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

null

??? Other than they are playing in a 3/4 scheme more this year....they struggled??

https://postimg.cc/dk9MCvBq

DA POST...***

Jan 8, 2020, 3:13 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EASY.....we don't have 2 5star DTs to pressure up the middle***

Jan 8, 2020, 3:19 PM

I TDed you because you Post and then don't

Jan 8, 2020, 3:25 PM

answer the question(s) that are asked of you. Come back and answer and I'll TU you.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I TDed you because you Post and then don't

Jan 8, 2020, 5:31 PM

+1 for owning a TD and why. I hate TDs that someone won't own.

Jan 8, 2020, 5:32 PM

Experienced talent.

Jan 8, 2020, 5:52 PM

Idk if we are struggling, we're just use to seeing a lot more pressure then we have. We have a good DL this year but the last few years they were obviously great. I think a lot of it has to do with XT and KJ being true sophomore's and not replacing our DL with JR and SR's like we have in year's past. I remember everyone was worried about Grady Jarett and Vic Beasley leaving in 2014 but we replaced them with a rs Junior in Shaq Lawson and a rs SR in Kevin Dodd. We had to replace those 2 guys in 2016 but Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence and Carlos Watkins helped us not notice a difference. Clelin Ferrell didnt really start coming on until late in the year that season. I think next year we'll see better a much bettet DL with the incoming 5 stars and another offseason with XT, KJ and Tyler Davis. It will be interesting to see who starts

Jan 8, 2020, 6:16 PM

They're 18 & 19. Most of them should get past that by next season. :)

hadn't noticed it, seems like we are undefeated?***

Jan 8, 2020, 6:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 6:33 PM

Please note one more important stat...

we are seeing, on average 12 fewer snaps per game... our stats are *down* in some areas like sacks because of fewer plays.

I worked it out a few weeks ago, but we went from something like a sack every 20 snaps to a sack every 25 snaps. Down yes, but when your snaps go from 73 to 62, that is nearly one less sack per game and that adds up over time.

BUT our INT rate has nearly doubled. Something like an INT every 75 snaps to something like every 30/40 snaps. We are not getting sacks but we are getting more INTs.

So our D line is less about negative yardage and more about goading QBs into bad decisions... especially with the on/off pressure and the 3 man line.

What is the reason for the d-a posts this month?***

Jan 8, 2020, 6:57 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic