Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When do our tight ends get involved as pass catchers??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

When do our tight ends get involved as pass catchers??

Oct 1, 2018, 9:13 PM

I may be overlooking some obvious stats, but I don't remember many times that our tight ends have been targeted, especially in critical situations this year. I know when we have an "embarrassment of riches" in the receiving corps that it's natural to go to them. However, I'm thinking that when we don't target the TE's, at least part of the time, we're missing an integral part of our offense. With Choice or Feaster blocking, can't we go to the TE with all the attention being paid to the WR corps? What do you think? Do you miss Leggett??? I, for one, would love to see the TE position make a critical catch like the one Leggett made in the NC game.

(I'm not second-guessing the coaching staff; I'm asking what you, the fans, think.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Galloway learns the playbook***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: When do our tight ends get involved as pass catchers??

Oct 1, 2018, 9:20 PM

Milian has good hands but I think he is really slow. Looks like he’s in sand compared to other guys on the field. I would like to see Galloway more in passing formations. I really think he is going to be special for us. From what I’ve seen, I know small sample size, but the kid can ball and catch. Now I don’t think his blocking is developed enough ,which I’m guessing is the reason I don’t think he plays as much. Would like to see him more In spread formations where the TE is going out for a route. Also don’t know why we don’t use Feaster more In the passing game, he was a 1000 yard Rec in high school 2 years in a row if I’m not mistaken. He seemed very comfortable lining up as a wr when there was no rb in backfield so don’t see why he would no longer have those abilities. Just food for thought go Tigers!

Oct 1, 2018, 9:36 PM

You’re spot on with Feaster and Galloway. I don’t think Galloway has dropped a pass yet Dabo jerked him in gsu game because he booted a block for kb and never got back in.

I second guess the OC’s for not calling them. They seemed to be stuck in kb mode. And yes Milan looks like he has concrete boots and he whiffed two times Saturday in pass pro. I’d bump him to 3 and give Galloway and Garrett more snaps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 9:52 PM

Noticed that garrett Williams played the majority of snaps Saturday ( hence all the ground yardage !!! )

He is by far our best blocking TE and now listed as the ""H-Back"" on depth chart***

Oct 1, 2018, 10:00 PM

Oh wow, just saw that. Good deal!!! I’d love to see them run a few delayed draws to ETN and Feaster...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 10:01 PM

I agree that TE passes have been nonexistent. I can only guess that the coaches have seen too much inconsistency at that position. Guess they don’t need to go there with renfrow in the slot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing our inconsistent OL has something to do with it

Oct 1, 2018, 10:38 PM

The TEs are needed to block rather than be receivers, perhaps?

I absolutely agree that we should pass to the TE more if possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Same with the backs***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic