Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who was it in here buying a new F150?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Who was it in here buying a new F150?

Nov 5, 2020, 4:54 PM

I just got an e-mail from Ford with $2000 consumer cash. I'm pretty sure these offers can't be transferred between individuals, but whoever was looking, glad to send you the code if you want to try it. T-mell me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so, now it's only $98,000?

Nov 5, 2020, 4:58 PM

frickin trucks have gotten crazy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so, now it's only $98,000?

Nov 5, 2020, 8:55 PM

You must be looking @ the 350s not the 150s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About ready for that Transit 250 lyfe***

Nov 5, 2020, 5:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mannn, I thought you were an Econoline Dawg?***

Nov 5, 2020, 5:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, she's a beast, but the last of the last almost. lol

Nov 5, 2020, 5:11 PM

Econoline gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotcha......

Nov 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

Rocking a Mercedes Metris for our company van.....it's been hella reliable and they're a bargain if you get them at the 2 year old mark or so.

Yeah, i like something i dont mind beating the #### out of.

Nov 5, 2020, 5:19 PM

;)

Re: Who was it in here buying a new F150?

Nov 5, 2020, 5:08 PM

McLovin

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I talked to one sales guy, we didn't agree

Nov 5, 2020, 8:12 PM

Now neighbor's land just sold beside me. I'm trying to work a deal with new owner on a few acres.

Holding off until I see what becums of this.

Drats, I'm still a bit off from being ready to get a truck.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:27 AM

Also, the most successful brainwashing my Dad and Granddad ever did was make me not care for Fords.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you time it correctly, a pickup truck is the only vehicle

Nov 6, 2020, 8:33 AM

I've owned where leasing was just a complete no brainer, even for people who usually despise leasing.

That F150 I had was a $55k truck that I paid $300/month for with nothing out of pocket for 24 months. If I had taken my usual route and bought a similar truck when it was a couple years old, it would have been priced in the upper $30's and I would have lost more than $7200 on it over the same 2 year ownership period.

What was your mileage allotment?***

Nov 6, 2020, 8:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just did 10.5k/year because I'm splitting time with

Nov 6, 2020, 9:09 AM

work vehicles too. going to 12k or 15k wasn't that much more.

I could swing that if I kept the Camry.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:14 AM

Now, did you do truck stuff with this truck? After miles I worry about getting nickeled and dimed on dent, dings, scratches and the like.

Oh yeah.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:15 AM

I think they give you roughly $1000 in damage before they start charging. I had a good sized dent in the hood and a pretty good paint scrape on the bumper where my wife introduced the truck to the garage wall.

This is very intresting...

Nov 6, 2020, 9:16 AM

Now, just get sharkgirl's car off the books and have confidence I'll still have my job for a while or find a new one and I'm all set.

What did you end up getting?

Nov 6, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah. ]

Did you get a Range Rover Sport?

I got an absolute steal on a really nice LR3.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:33 AM

Too good to pass up, and I'm finding that the 05-09 Rovers are about as close as a Rover gets to reliable. In 2010 they went to a 5.0 Jag motor that just has a ton of expensive timing chain issues.

Anyway, bought this with the intent of giving it to my daughter in the spring when she starts driving, but I'm still in love with the truck and have begun adding some off-road-y parts to it, so who knows.

Yeah, good luck with that one. I owned an LR3 during that

Nov 6, 2020, 11:32 AM

time period under warranty and then as free and clear 2nd vehicle my husband drove to the airport but it was #### near constant that something would go wrong. I finally got out of the Land Rover business a few years ago.

They are really prone to clogged drains and flooding... nightmare.

I was axeing about something in the '16 - '19 range.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:30 AM

But we haven't decided on F150, Ram or GMC.

Will really depend on the truck, price, features, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Who was it in here buying a new F150?

Nov 6, 2020, 8:40 AM

My 1999 is still running so I'm good!

Just bought a Ram 1500 and love it

Nov 6, 2020, 9:39 AM

I works for me much better than my Ford 1500. I actually kept the Ford truck for our spare car. That way wifey and I can still go to work in bad weather with 4WD.

I used to have stuff in the floor board of the back seat but the Ram has side tool boxes over the wheel well which is really nice. Also the tailgate opens like a split gate which is easy on me instead of climbing over all the time to get in the back. Plus a V8 Hemi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just bought a Ram 1500 and love it

Nov 6, 2020, 10:44 AM

I am looking for a new one myself. I bought a 1500 Ram in 2015 it has an 8 speed transmission that increased the towing capacity to 12,000 Lbs. from 9000. I did not have to buy the more expensive 2500 Ram to pull my tractor. I don't like diesel powered vehicles. I am looking @ the Ram and a GMC. Ford went with a Aluminum bed not buying that for sure.

Ever had a diesel?

Nov 6, 2020, 10:52 AM

Its difficult to drive a gas vehicle after owning a diesel.

Re: Ever had a diesel?

Nov 6, 2020, 11:00 AM

I have driven them and I know you have a lot more torque for pulling but the price of diesel and when not towing I would rather have a gas but that is just me. Have you ever driven one of the new hemi chargers?

I drove a 6.2l hemi Challenger

Nov 6, 2020, 11:03 AM

Fast car, useless to me. I do the speed limit. I don't need the police harassment; I get enough of that for literally everything else I do.

Re: I drove a 6.2l hemi Challenger

Nov 6, 2020, 11:12 AM

Well me and the wife were out car shopping. She did not want a SUV, Cross over or mini van we had all those while the kids were growing up. All the kids are gone so we looked all day. Stopped in a Big O saw a nice looking hemi charger. The salesman said let take a test drive down I-85. We were going down the on ramp to I-85 and he told my wife to punch it. We got off on White horse and went back and bought it. She wants something else so not sure what we get this time but she will miss that power to get out into traffic. The 6.2L has more horse power than 5.7L. I want the 6.4L hemi but I doubt we will get one of those.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic