Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m going to be brutally honest...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I’m going to be brutally honest...

Nov 9, 2020, 6:18 PM

Our tigers had a lot, and I mean A LOT of things go their way that allowed us to stay in the game; ND won *in spite* of the following bad breaks

1. ND false start on 4th and inches from Clemson 3 that likely otherwise results in a touchdown for ND
2. ND Dropped pass in end zone that otherwise results in another TD for ND
3. ND fumbled into our end zone on what would have been a 1st and goal from Clemson 3 (likely another ND touchdown)

That alone is 15 missed points for ND that went Clemson’s way

I see others complaining about the refs. What about...
4. Clemson’s pass interference flag that was picked up?
5. Missed flagrant Clemson face mask in OT

We lost *in spite* of those lucky breaks. Everyone on this board seems to think the TE fumble for 7 is the difference in this game, but those same individuals forget about all of the breaks above that allowed us to stay in this game.

Everyone wants to blame the refs for the botched clock in Clemson’s final drive in regulation. IT DID NOT MATTER. ND had 2 timeouts remaining to stop the clock, and they end up using NEITHER of those two timeouts in their final touchdown scoring drive in regulation.

Simple fact is ND completely shut down the running game (which has nothing to do with Lawrence being out or D injuries or refs) and ND made big plays on both offense and defense when game was on the line. If NDs scores instead of fumbles into our endzone, we likely are behind the entire game. Need to accept that ND was the better team Saturday. Maybe it’s different next time we play. But please get out of denial mode.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m going to be brutally honest...

Nov 9, 2020, 6:23 PM

Yes and ND had just as many lucky breaks. Etienne fumble right into a defenders arms, hit out of bounds. It didn't just go one way.

Whose scok is this?

Nov 9, 2020, 6:25 PM

Also, I disagree with your notion that our lack of running game had nothing to do with TL16 being out.

Since you are a fan of another team you may not have seen how TL can run when they focus on ETN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Whose scok is this?

Nov 9, 2020, 6:41 PM

We also haven’t been running the RPO without Lawrence.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Whose scok is this? ]

Lawrence also reads the defense and makes adjustments right until the snap.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Whose scok is this? ]

They finally put a decent team in the ACC and y’all lose a regular season game the first year.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:47 PM

Kinda like Missouri winning the SEC Least their first two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Whose scok is this? ]

Kinda like Missouri winning the SEC Least their first two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does it feel to be the weakest link in in-state football

Nov 9, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Whose scok is this? ]

p_willy22 said:

They finally put a decent team in the ACC and y’all lose a regular season game the first year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

How good was that field goal when y’all were down

Nov 9, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Whose scok is this? ]

41-0?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 9, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Whose scok is this? ]

You been waiting how many years to post that? You are a patient dood!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did you just come from

Nov 9, 2020, 6:26 PM

With a name like that? Smells cootish if not like some injun.

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 6:39 PM

Nm

Trevor is much faster

Nov 9, 2020, 6:45 PM

than DJ. I do not agree that the running game issues would’ve been as bad if Trevor had played.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:44 PM

You seem like a short little guy with red hair, a green suit and top hat, with buckles
On your shoes. Ehhh maybe it’s just me.

lol, you created a scok for this? you are like a belt made

Nov 9, 2020, 6:47 PM

of watches...

a waist of time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 9, 2020, 6:50 PM

Our tigers had a lot, and I mean A LOT of things go their way that allowed us to stay in the game; ND won *in spite* of the following bad breaks

1. ND false start on 4th and inches from Clemson 3 that likely otherwise results in a touchdown for ND
2. ND Dropped pass in end zone that otherwise results in another TD for ND
3. ND fumbled into our end zone on what would have been a 1st and goal from Clemson 3 (likely another ND touchdown)

That alone is 15 missed points for ND that went Clemson’s way

I see others complaining about the refs. What about...
4. Clemson’s pass interference flag that was picked up?
5. Missed flagrant Clemson face mask in OT

We lost *in spite* of those lucky breaks. Everyone on this board seems to think the TE fumble for 7 is the difference in this game, but those same individuals forget about all of the breaks above that allowed us to stay in this game.

Everyone wants to blame the refs for the botched clock in Clemson’s final drive in regulation. IT DID NOT MATTER. ND had 2 timeouts remaining to stop the clock, and they end up using NEITHER of those two timeouts in their final touchdown scoring drive in regulation.

Simple fact is ND completely shut down the running game (which has nothing to do with Lawrence being out or D injuries or refs) and ND made big plays on both offense and defense when game was on the line. If NDs scores instead of fumbles into our endzone, we likely are behind the entire game. Need to accept that ND was the better team Saturday. Maybe it’s different next time we play. But please get out of denial mode.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoops thumbed that one

Nov 9, 2020, 6:51 PM

Forgot what witty reply I was coming up with??Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 6:52 PM

At least be a grown up and say you’re either a ND fan, a South Carolina fan, or just a general hater of Clemson when you make this post.

Yeah, Clemson caught a few breaks, but without getting into the breaks that ND got, I’ll just disagree with a couple of yours.

Dropped pass in the end zone? You mean the one where the ND receiver had to go up high for that our defender got a hand on? How is it a break for Clemson to have their defender knock a ball out of a receiver’s hand?

Same point about the fumble in the end zone. It was a fumble because our defender poked the ball out of the quarterback’s hands. If that’s a break for Clemson then the Rodgers fumble was a break for ND.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:53 PM

Yet the pathetic so called Coot football program played very well Saturday along with the Do less with more U Bulldogs. ND will have reality set in at the ACC champ game. You can watch it in TV while your team sits at home.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:55 PM

ND better worry about BC this Saturday and quit watching re-runs of the Clemson win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. You fumbled.

Nov 9, 2020, 7:36 PM

And you're probably a Rooskie.

No heisman at QB instead a rookie making 2nd start

Nov 9, 2020, 7:58 PM

Heisman RB is now the focal point to stop. You take away the run and make the kid beat you. And he almost did . Had Trevor been there the defense wouldn’t be able to stack the box and limit the run game like that. It’s still came down to us not getting one first down to win it and ETN threw them the ball for a TD for bonus points. All in all ND is as good as Clemson with a brand new 18 year old QB. I like our chances with Trevor playing.

Re: No heisman at QB instead a rookie making 2nd start

Nov 9, 2020, 9:59 PM

I agree with all your points except the stacking the box.

No our oline just cannot run block to save their life.

some of that is definitely true but i gotta believe that all

Nov 10, 2020, 12:16 PM

week Notre DAme's focus was stopping #9 and figure out Big Cinco with in game adjustments. I really don't think that they prepared for DJU the way the would for Trevor. DJU showed that he's a force to be reckoned with though. And we found out that ND's front four are really good. So next time if we play them we will be ready to offset that hopefully. WE will see.

I thought at the end of the day, we should have won that game. It was ours with 2 minutes to go and one first down would have ended it. IMO you gotta throw the ball if the run is constantly getting stuffed. I know thats risky but you see the result if you're not running it with efficiency. Give DJU the reigns and get him out on a bootleg pass or something. The screen game was gonna be a tough sell b/c that defense was bearing down and playing aggressive. sorry i'm rambling but hopefully we'll see those boys again.

Re: No heisman at QB instead a rookie making 2nd start

Nov 10, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to No heisman at QB instead a rookie making 2nd start ]

With this “rookie”, the offense scored 33 points in regulation and threw for 5th most yards in Clemson history

Two years ago, TL’s offense scored 30 points in regulation against a much more inferior ND defense and with the help of one interception.

Just saying, the stats (albeit from a limited sample set) don’t seem to support your conclusion that the qb was the difference.

i think you missed my point. The QB did awesome. I'm talking

Nov 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

about obvious defensive scheming of the opposite team. Think about it. Do you think Coach Kelly focused on stopping the run all week or stopping the pass? HAd Trevor been an aspect and part of the game planning then stopping the pass and run would have been the key with more emphasis on the pass.

In response to your QB points you're correct. I don't think they were expecting that he would do so well. But they knew that stopping ETN was the key to winning. But i promise you that the Notre Dame defense coaches were consumed with stopping ETN first and making in game adjustments later.

At the same time...be honest with yourself, experience is a huge asset. A third year Trevor Lawerence is a better hand than any 2nd game freshman. Just the same as a 3rd year DJU will be a better hand to play than a 2nd game freshman DJU. So as the dust settles DJU played way better than Notre Dame probably thought and for us Clemson fans YIPPEE, GREAT NEWS, HE's REALLY GOOD!! But had their game plan involved Trevor it would have loosened up the defense a bit and created more gaps for ETN to explode through early in the game and would have set a different tone.And it would have decreased the success in the passing game.

Either way it was a hard fought game. I like our chances if we get healthy again and have all of our pieces. Had we gotten beat by 14 pts then i would think it would be a toss up but with our starters back i think we should have the advantage. But you never know until you play.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:09 PM

Tell Um Coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:29 PM

I'm going to be brutally honest...if all of the key injured players ND DIDN'T have to play against had been in that game all of the luck in Ireland wouldn't have helped them win that game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 9, 2020, 9:45 PM

So, you think ND ran the same plays with 2 timeouts that they would have run with 0?

Either ND saves their timeouts and runs out of time at the end of the game, or they use them and then have to run primarily obvious passing plays to prevent running out the clock. Would not have been the same game. Now, they might have scored faster or not at all... who knows. But the end of your post just makes any other points you tried to make absolutely pointless. Thanks.

Go Tigers!

Nov 9, 2020, 10:05 PM

There were big plays and bad breaks for both teams. It was a great game and they were the better team that night. DJ played amazing but I still believe with TL we would have won. Skalski will be back on D next time we play them so I believe that will be a big difference as well. Hopefully Ladsen and Ngata get healthy because we need to stretch the field to help our OL.

Brutally Cootish***

Nov 9, 2020, 10:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The refs didn't lose the game for us.

Nov 10, 2020, 12:13 PM

Not even close.

Our own poor game plan and execution cost us. 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

maybe in just a few key moments was that the case.

Nov 10, 2020, 12:24 PM

But all in all we played pretty good. You can't argue with 33 points. We gave them one TD with ETN pitching the ball to the opposing team for the second week in a row. DJU looked solid. ETN was bottled up for much of game. Their defense was really formidable. Our Oline was not very good. Our defense was missing a ton of key player. Tyler Davis is probably the most important Player on Defense. And if he's 1A then Skalski is 1B. Having those two guys out is really tough when you're playing really good teams. DAvis plugs the middle up like dexter adn wilkins used too and skalski cleans up the mess. WE'll be a different team once they get back. And Trevors presence opens up the running lanes for ETN. So we were missing a crap ton of our essence on SAturday and honestly we should've won it. Not getting the first down with 2 minutes left was the key moment where the game plan cost us..

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic