Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was really disappointed after the FSU game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I was really disappointed after the FSU game.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:47 PM

As I sat there watching, I grew incredibly frustrated. Probably as angry as I've ever been at a Clemson basketball game.

Why, you ask?

If we had more Clemson fans in attendance, we might've been able to keep it under a 10 point loss. There weren't even that many FSU fans there, meaning that there were plenty of available tickets. I estimate that we could've outnumbered their fans at least 2 to 1 if we cared more about basketball.

The lack of fans there really let our team down. Players didn't feel supported. Brad didn't either.

Can you imagine how Brad must've felt, knowing that Clemson fans were at home tracking Tony Elliott's every move on Flight Aware, and stewing over the latest Tiger football player who would be transferring, instead of supporting our basketball team in a big road game?

All of these things made it really hard for Brad to coach.

Plus, we can't forget how much COVID has impacted this team. Missing all of those practices, as well as those two games earlier this month, means that we probably won't hit our stride for at least another month.

Show this team some grace, please. We really can't expect them to keep it within 20 points, given the above disadvantages.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agree with all those points. My thing is, I don’t want to

Jan 25, 2021, 7:51 PM

see all these bashers jumping back on the bandwagon when this team makes its Final Four run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Absolutely.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:59 PM

Thankfully, I already have a 2010 Dom Perignon set aside for that special occasion. The vintage pays homage to the year we hired Brad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Pfffft. 2010 was one of the best growing seasons for

Jan 25, 2021, 8:14 PM

California cabernets. I’ll be popping the cork on a 2010 Screaming Eagle when we make the Final Four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Absolutely.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Absolutely. ]

Nothing, just had to get off 666

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Absolutely. ]

How did Brad know about the Football transfer before the BB game?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He and Dabo are pretty tight.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:21 PM

How do you think Dabo has kept his job all these years?

He owes Brad a huge debt of gratitude.

Re: He and Dabo are pretty tight.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:47 AM

Huh? You have that backwards! I guarantee the uptick in recruiting and the recruit interested in Clemson has come from Dabo and the football team exposure! BB didn't become a super star recruiter all the sudden. If Dabo didn't like bball, bring all those recruits to games over the years, BB would not have had the exposure. If our football was like Vandy or Wake Forest over last 10yrs, BB would have been fully invested into another college because he wouldn't have the glory of National playoffs and Championship's to help promote his team. You will never convince me otherwise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome back. I applaud you for going ahead and

Jan 25, 2021, 7:53 PM

stomping on the tripwire, even knowing that the bazookas are already aimed at you.

I have no shots to take. I got off the Brad Brownell bandwagon a couple years ago, but this latest outburst of poor play has even me befuddled, since the team looked so good early on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you say “early on” does that mean

Jan 25, 2021, 7:55 PM

“prior to Covid shutting down basketball operations?”

Yes. Before that, the team played tough, and pulled out

Jan 25, 2021, 7:58 PM

several wins in hard fought games where they trailed for significant portions of the game. But, since the Covid induced shutdown, we have never emerged from the coma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’ll get the momentum back.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:05 PM

Thing is, when you look at the makeup of a good tournament team, the Tigers check all the boxes. Nobody will want to play us in March.

Re: I was really disappointed after the FSU game.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jan 25, 2021, 7:59 PM

LOL!!

Jan 25, 2021, 8:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 25, 2021, 8:01 PM

Welcome back. We had some fun while you were gone. You have been named several people such as Brad Brownell himself, Brads wife, Tim Borrett, and many others. How do you maintain so many amazing personas?

That’s awesome.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:23 PM

I can tell you that I’m not all of those people, but I might be one of them.

Re: That’s awesome.

Jan 26, 2021, 12:13 AM

I know for a fact that you are not Tim Bourret.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

A perfect troll post that those that don’t know it’s a troll post will lose their ####

Jan 25, 2021, 8:13 PM

Bravo

Re: A perfect troll post that those that don’t know it’s a troll post will lose their ####

Jan 25, 2021, 11:09 PM

Was just about to type the same thing, but I’ll just TU and finish laughing my ### off.
I came here looking for the funnies and I chose correctly, lol!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A perfect troll post that those that don’t know it’s a troll post will lose their ####

Jan 26, 2021, 12:09 AM [ in reply to A perfect troll post that those that don’t know it’s a troll post will lose their #### ]

I label it obvious--he's done better.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 25, 2021, 8:19 PM

Welcome back Judge . I see your demise was greatly exaggerated

Thankfully, some people’s dream scenario involving my demise didn’t happen.***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:24 PM

Go all Fighting BrownelLOLs! ????

Jan 25, 2021, 8:30 PM

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 9:09 PM

I sat almost court side for the FSU game and watched intently at the defense we payed for 12 opening minutes man to man full court was spectacular. We played with great presence.... covid must give you amnesia as we forgot everything we did to win....I threw up behind the dumpster after the second loss we got blowed out of the gym....I will be there Wednesday night hoping I didn’t drive four hours to watch a group sorting out playground issues.... man up for Gods sake

Jan 25, 2021, 9:10 PM

Jan 25, 2021, 9:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the russians hack into Judge's account again?***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:58 PM

You can't be serious, and I am being sincere?

Jan 26, 2021, 1:38 AM

Clemson wasn't at home, they were at FSU. 5-6hr drive for most alumni. Clemson has crapped the bed the last 2 games after showing a little hope. Lost last 2 games when ranked by combined over 50pts and they showed zero heart. Then play FSU very uninspired bball. It looks like 2 different teams from pre-CV to post CV break. This has to be coaching, and don't tell me that young players are fickle. We have more Brownell experience than we have probably ever had and likely the most talent ever.

JK, while I think your Brownell fandom is great, there has to be a break point. Almost 80pts deficit in last 3 games, after showing some talent, it's a coaching problem. One game, ok! 2 games, uhmm maybe but still looking pathetic, but then against game that they already beat once should have built confidence and they still looked horrible.

I like BB, but his ability is capped, other coaches out-coach him continuously especially after they get to see how he sets his players third of way into season. I will always like snd pull for BB, but it's time for a change, we will always be the same mid-level team and only make NCAA when the ACC is weak.

Re: You can't be serious, and I am being sincere?

Jan 26, 2021, 1:53 AM

Should have stopped with the subject line

True!

Jan 26, 2021, 1:55 AM

I guess the rest was wasted effort!

Re: You can't be serious, and I am being sincere?

Jan 26, 2021, 5:02 AM [ in reply to You can't be serious, and I am being sincere? ]

~JKB

Jan 26, 2021, 7:45 AM

You make a lot of excuses for the poor performance..

Jan 26, 2021, 7:57 AM

He was just being objective and realistic. That loss at FSU was on us, the fans. If we don't do our part of road tripping to Tallahassee, how in the heck is our team supposed to be motivated. We all meed to take off our masks for a sec and we need to look in the mirror and take a serious look at ourselves and decide to step it up.

Whose scok is this?

Jan 26, 2021, 8:25 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Two words

Jan 26, 2021, 1:09 PM

Sanctimonious and Hypocrite.

Prove me wrong.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:58 PM

Excuses and more excuses.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic