Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who would you choose to kick out of the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Who would you choose to kick out of the

Jun 23, 2020, 12:24 PM

ACC if you had to choose 4 schools, but could only pick from the following list: Pitt, BC, Syracuse and Virginia Tech?

My first choice would be VT, then I'd go with Pitt, followed next by Syracuse. The last one is a toughie, but ultimately I think I would pick BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Who would you choose to kick out of the

Jun 23, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 23, 2020, 12:47 PM

Duke and UNC. BC and Pitt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 12:59 PM

and Syracuse also

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke and UNC weren't options***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Who would you choose to kick out of the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Duke and UNC weren't options

Jun 23, 2020, 2:09 PM

Clearly an oversite. They should have been the first to go

Yes***

Jun 23, 2020, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^what she just said.***

Jun 23, 2020, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And replace with Ohio State under the following conditions:

Jun 23, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Yes*** ]

No games in Columbus and their fans are not allowed to attend games in Death Valley.

This gives us a guaranteed win over an overrated top ten team every year to boost our playoff resume’ while assuring the rest of CFB that OSU will no longer waste a playoff spot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cry me an Ohio State river***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:10 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

If I could only pick from those 4

Jun 23, 2020, 12:50 PM

I’d ignore that rule and pick Pitt, BC, Cuse, and Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 1:01 PM

GWPTiger, I agree with you on 1. VT and 2. Pitt.

Hard for me to decide between SU and BC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I picked Cuse because their football coach is not

Jun 23, 2020, 1:05 PM

a classy person as evidenced by the fact that he has never gone into our locker room to congratulate our players after a win.

Boot out cuse and BC and add Notre Dame and WVU***

That's a hard pass on ND and WVU for me.

Jun 23, 2020, 1:06 PM

But you still have to pick 2 more to kick out.

Definitely a hard pass on WVU

Jun 23, 2020, 1:40 PM

I have no interest in visiting that state every other year. I've driven though the state and it's probably the most depressing area of the country I've ever seen (and I've visited almost all 50 states).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

South Bend, IN isn't much better***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:52 PM

we don't have anough marquee games as it so ND would be a

Jun 23, 2020, 2:36 PM

huge get if we could play them every year. I love College Gameday games and Clemson vs ND would be very high on ESPNS's list of the game of the week. We play so many awful teams it's hard to get excited knowing you're going to win by 30. Now games against big time opponents where we might could lose is super exciting, think Auburn, FSU when they were good,VT when they were good. Who in the heck gets excited for Wake Forest or Pitt or BC?

Why would anyone kick out VT?

They are one of only a handful of football schools we have.

Because their fans are among the worst people in

Jun 23, 2020, 1:07 PM

all of college football. That's why.

Re: Because their fans are among the worst people in

Jun 23, 2020, 1:52 PM

Lau much worse

What is Lau?

Jun 23, 2020, 1:54 PM

Los Angeles University?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's trying to secretly refer to Tommy Bowden's

Jun 23, 2020, 1:56 PM

daughter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Wouldn't they be in the LCC,

Jun 23, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to What is Lau? ]

Left Coast Conference?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

But makes beating them rewarding***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Because their fans are among the worst people in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the OP knows absolutely nothing about...

Jun 23, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Why would anyone kick out VT? ]

college football and is also a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Welcome back!***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't encourage her***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:15 PM

Re: Please don't encourage her***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:25 PM

Thanks, MyFO.***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Welcome back!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well look who it is

Jun 24, 2020, 6:03 PM

Welcome back

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks CSD.***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:24 PM

Isn't that a redundant comment?***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Because the OP knows absolutely nothing about... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Let's see...

Jun 23, 2020, 1:21 PM

I'd boot Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, and Wake Forest (too many North Carolina schools and this tiny private school will never be able to compete or be interesting - they don't deserve Power 5 status).

As for Virginia Tech... even if I agreed with you about their fan base, if that were the criteria, then we'd have very few teams left (I'm looking at you NC State).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't good at following directions***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:23 PM

Somehow I knew that'd be your response***

Jun 23, 2020, 1:27 PM

Before we start getting rid of teams it’s my opinion we start

Jun 23, 2020, 1:32 PM

Investing more money into the ACC and New Leadership IMO is what the league needs to become more competitive. Just as important it is necessary for strong leadership at each school. I believe we have some good coaches in place. The ACC just needs change. It’s time to find a new business model. These actions need to be taken soon.

Swofford has had plenty of time to run the ACC into the ground. It’s time for him and his cronies to go. It’s time to find new revenue sources and those resources need to be invested wisely.

Before we start kicking teams out of the league IMO we should try the above.

The SEC has a head start over the ACC. If the league is to become a much bigger force in college athletics the league needs to take action

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UVA is not on the list because...

Jun 23, 2020, 1:50 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401032077

No way

Jun 23, 2020, 2:17 PM

Virginia Tech goes. Can’t believe some want them gone. I enjoy seeing a tight geographical conference so I would boot BC and Syracuse. Someone mentioned Wake. No!!!

I'm the one that mentioned booting Wake

Jun 23, 2020, 2:24 PM

If geography alone is your criteria, then are you ready to admit ECU and Charlotte into the ACC?

Re: I'm the one that mentioned booting Wake

Jun 23, 2020, 2:45 PM

Of course not on ECU and Charlotte. I think the league has too many teams anyway. When you want to throw Wake out try not to look at it through football eyes only. They have success in other sports.

They should be gone because their fans suck

Jun 23, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to No way ]

So do their dumb hokie stones, key shaking and the dumb hokie dance they do. Oh and Frank Beamer was a cheater.

Hth

Re: They should be gone because their fans suck

Jun 23, 2020, 3:32 PM

Oh I’m not a VT fan by any means. I just like playing teams that you can drive to. Seems to make the regional interest better.

Is mask-wearing a consideration for whom

Jun 23, 2020, 2:22 PM

we kick out?

You... i didnt even read past your post heading.***

Jun 23, 2020, 3:05 PM

Probably because you have trouble

Jun 23, 2020, 3:08 PM

reading English

You're just upset because I included a team from NY

Jun 23, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to You... i didnt even read past your post heading.*** ]

yankee boy

Jun 23, 2020, 3:27 PM

Personally, I would rather keep all of them in the ACC and have Clemson join the SEC.
I think the SEC is just a better fit for Clemson. We would always be competitive in football, basketball, baseball, and soccer. We would have to improve on all of the women's sports.
The SEC is better geographically and the rivalries are already better than the ACC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

BC

Jun 24, 2020, 7:57 AM

nothing personal, just don’t see benefit long term

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 9:01 AM

All the "add on" schools from Big East who most recently joined. Give em all the boot. Even Miami.

Bye, Pitt

Jun 24, 2020, 9:19 AM

Following Pitt would be Syracuse, VT, and BC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Bye, Pitt

Jun 24, 2020, 12:42 PM

That’s fine Pitt can go. Bring back Maryland.

Jun 24, 2020, 5:39 PM

Twerp fans are some of the worst I've ever run across.

Jun 24, 2020, 5:48 PM

Maybe but the basketball rivalries with Maryland were great.

Can I place two kicks on Syracuse?***

Jun 24, 2020, 5:43 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic