Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With CDC backtracking and NOW saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

With CDC backtracking and NOW saying

Aug 26, 2020, 2:11 PM

you don't need to be tested if you don't have symptoms ,will the Universities stop testing well students with a test that gives so many false positives ?

https://youtu.be/Sk-qqmlXlzQ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying

Aug 26, 2020, 2:12 PM

Nov. 4th

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 26, 2020, 2:18 PM

what are the symptoms now? everyday they seem to add a new one. last list I saw was about anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 2:37 PM

Last I read there was 90+ symptoms.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

is one of them Football-anxiety? because if so, I got it bad

Aug 26, 2020, 4:29 PM

I went out on the internet and bought me some 2016 replays - I think they're losing their effectiveness. I take'em with Zinc too - my mouth tastes like gunmetal all the time now though, even as I haven't made out with my 2018 Natty replica in months.

My wife told me to go sit outside in the sun - work on getting some vitamin D and heckle the Coot neighbor some to try to feel better. Arsehole still has his 2014 Bama Flag flying and it just takes the fun out of it when they're that obvious.

I'm starting to get worried there might be permanent damage: sometimes I hear ringing in my ears and it's just Dabo repeating "the best is yet to come". I dissolve into tears, praying "just get here, please" - I'm not proud.

Effing Chinamen and their d*mn woohooflu!

Aug 26, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

and not having symptoms is a symptom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

so now I'm confused - with all the false positives

Aug 26, 2020, 5:02 PM

does that mean that "not having the Virus" is actually a symptom?

See list below

Aug 26, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You added that last item specifically for

Aug 26, 2020, 3:54 PM

GWPTiger®, correct?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It WAS added because of gwpCoot because since he has

Aug 26, 2020, 5:11 PM

had this virus for the last 16 years, it has been a symptom for him.

True Story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: See list below

Aug 26, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to See list below ]

Yeah I think I got it boys, I definitely have the poor gas mileage symptom. Dang it.

here are the COVID19 facts as reported by the media

Aug 26, 2020, 2:21 PM

churp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Aug 26, 2020, 3:04 PM

They didn’t backtrack, the Trump administration forced this policy change. I’d post links to several stories that quote CDC officials who directly confirm this; but, if it wasn’t published by Breitbart or InfoWars most of you would just call it fake news.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 3:34 PM

Fake News. Feel validated now?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Translation: I don't really have any links but orange man bad.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 26, 2020, 3:48 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/politics/cdc-coronavirus-testing-guidance/index.html

Aug 26, 2020, 3:53 PM

I've already read that article. Where does a CDC official say it came directly from Trump?

It doesn't. CNN always claims someone was pressured

Aug 26, 2020, 3:55 PM

>

Re: It doesn't. CNN always claims someone was pressured

Aug 26, 2020, 4:01 PM

Exactly...the article said a "federal health official" which is not necessarily a CDC official. Also "from the top down" is pretty ambiguous and can refer to a number of things. Then they fluff the piece with quotes from people not affiliated with the CDC.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Not sure if you are aware of this but the CDC falls under the jurisdiction of the Department of Health and Human Services which the president appoints the head of. So there's that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 5:00 PM

Exactly both the HHS secretary Alex Azar, who is a member of Trump’s cabinet, and the CDC head Robert Redfield assumed their roles in 2018. That’s why it’s so funny when Trump tries to blame the CDC; he’s actually blaming his own government.

Aug 26, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

yep all them boarded up businesses in new york were fake news also huh.

Aug 26, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

This means exactly what it says. I ate lunch with a Covid positive patient the day before symptoms showed, isolated and got two tests in a week to confirm I did not have it.

It's almost like people think the immune system doesn't exist, not EVERYONE who gets anywhere near covid-19 will actually contract the virus. Many people their immune system will just knock it away and produce antibodies.

Aug 26, 2020, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Translation: I don't really have any links but orange man bad.

Orange Man Bad to the bone!

Aug 26, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Updated CDC guidelines now say people exposed to coronavirus may not need to be tested
By Jamie Gumbrecht, Michael Nedelman and Maggie Fox, CNN
Updated CDC guidelines now say people exposed to coronavirus may not need to be tested
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its Covid-19 testing guidelines.

In a shift that perplexed some doctors, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its Covid-19 testing guidelines to say some people without symptoms may not need to be tested, even if they've been in close contact with someone known to have the virus.

Previously, the CDC said viral testing was appropriate for people with recent or suspected exposure, even if they were asymptomatic.

Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University who was previously Baltimore's health commissioner, said on CNN's New Day on Wednesday that the testing guideline changes make no sense.

"These are exactly the people who should be tested," Wen said, giving the example of a person exposed at work who wants a test so they can protect their family at home.

Here's what the CDC website said previously: "Testing is recommended for all close contacts of persons with SARS-CoV-2 infection. Because of the potential for asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission, it is important that contacts of individuals with SARS-CoV-2 infection be quickly identified and tested."

The CDC changed the site on Monday. Here's what it says now: "If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms, you do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one."

Those who don't have Covid-19 symptoms and haven't been in close contact with someone with a known infection do not need a test, the updated guidelines say.

"Not everyone needs to be tested," the agency's website says. "If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional."

The CDC guidelines say if someone has symptoms and they're mild, a health care provider "may advise a COVID-19 test," and if symptoms are severe, people should contact a health care provider or seek emergency care.

"It is important to realize that you can be infected and spread the virus but feel well and have no symptoms," the updated CDC site says, noting that local public health officials might request asymptomatic "healthy people" be tested, depending on cases and spread in an area.

In its pandemic planning scenarios, the CDC says its current best estimate is that 40% of infections are asymptomatic and 50% of transmission occur before symptoms occur.

The CDC did not explain the change, and doctors were puzzled by it.

"I'm concerned that these recommendations suggest someone who has had substantial exposure to a person with Covid-19 now doesn't need to get tested," Wen said.

"This is key to contact tracing, especially given that up to 50% of all transmission is due to people who do not have symptoms. One wonders why these guidelines were changed -- is it to justify continued deficit of testing?"

A spokesperson at the US Department of Health and Human Services denied the change would affect contact tracing efforts, which most public health officials say is key to any eventual control of the virus. "The updated guidance does not undermine contact tracing or any other types of surveillance testing," the spokesperson said.

HHS said people should consult with their doctors or with local health officials to decide if they need to be tested.

"The guidance fully supports public health surveillance testing, done in a proactive way through federal, state, and local public health officials," the spokesperson said.

last i checked cnn was on your side.

Trump is the most perfectly imperfect human on the planet.

Aug 26, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Hell, even a serial killer has probably helped an elderly person across the street.

Your FAV NYT reported it, as usual the LEFT is melting down

Aug 26, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

As I told you elsewhere you're a GD joke

Re: Your FAV NYT reported it, as usual the LEFT is melting down

Aug 26, 2020, 4:04 PM

So you think it’s a coincidence that the head of the FDA exaggerated the benefits of plasma (he apologized for that today) so that Trump could announce a breakthrough and that the CDC relaxed testing requirements, both in the same week as the RNC? Just watch someone tonight is going to make reference to this change and use it as evidence that the evil main stream media is trying to scare you.

Re: Your FAV NYT reported it, as usual the LEFT is melting down

Aug 26, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Your FAV NYT reported it, as usual the LEFT is melting down ]

To be a part of the trump cult it seems you are required to respond to some one using facts with some sophomoric name calling. Some times the immaturity on this site is sad.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

Go take a nap snowflake.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:15 PM

That’s a good idea I’m pretty #### tired. It’s been pretty hard to sleep this week after watching the RNC. All those stories about how the evil scary dems are gonna steal my liver to sell on the black market, sell my neighbor’s house to a Costa Rican pedophile, and outlaw dogs as a pet are giving me nightmares. Truly I don’t understand how you true believers even leave the house for fear that Joe Biden is gonna jump out from behind a bush and assault you up with a copy of the Koran. Also WTH is wrong with Kimberly Guilfoyle? Someone need to get that woman some Valium.

May need some Ambien for the next four years then.***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:22 PM

Aug 26, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

In the meantime, Biden working on building a better basement

Aug 26, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

uh joe biden aint jumping out from anywhere unless you happen to be in his basement.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:49 PM

You’re right and MS 13 isn’t gonna move in next door, but that didn’t stop Matt Gaetz from saying that they would Monday night from the convention hall..

Aug 26, 2020, 4:56 PM

but why wouldn't you want MS13 folks filled with the "spark of divinity," as Nancy Pelosi said, living next door to you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 26, 2020, 5:22 PM

I don’t give two shites about Pelosi she’s a dumazz just like Trump. Too tired from the amityville horror boogie man show RNC to argue with you about how both sides are taking each other’s tweets and assigning alternative facts to them. Trump was given a great gift when she allowed there to be ambiguity in her tweet. We really need to flush them all and start over. Just know when someone, like Gaetz, tells you that the other side, red or blue, wants to destroy your life and only the can save you; you’re being lied to. It’s comical how twisted many people are getting about the “fear mongering” from the liberal media with respect to the virus, but absolutely eat it up when trump and his cronies try to terrify voters with stories of a democratic led apocalypse.

Aug 26, 2020, 7:58 PM

It’s not so much the stories from “trump and his cronies,” it’s the live videos of the democrat-led debacles in blue cities that make people fear becoming a blue country.

And rightfully so. People should be afraid of lawless mobs.

You can't use CNN, they sacrificed what little credibility

Aug 26, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: With CDC backtracking and NOW saying ]

they had when they told us we didn't need masks back in March

Politics & Religion***

Aug 26, 2020, 4:22 PM

I think we need a COVID-19 board.

Aug 26, 2020, 4:27 PM

Rule #1 is that even if it's about COVID-19 and football, COVID-19 takes precedence and the post goes on the COVID board and not the football board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I started a topic about football

Aug 26, 2020, 5:06 PM

on the football board. It died quickly.
Did it die because it was bland and uninteresting or because it was in close proximity to a COVID post for some time?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDC is being politicized - "more tests, more positives" is

Aug 26, 2020, 5:02 PM

idiotic and you know who yelled it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain.......

Aug 26, 2020, 5:21 PM

from about April - May the US positive tests bounced between 20-35k/day (peak being about 36K in a day) meanwhile during that same timeframe the daily death rate bounced between 1300-2500/day (peak being about 2700 in a day).

As tests became more available endMay/begJun, for the last 3 months the daily cases bounced from 20k/day quickly up to 60-70K/day (peak being 77k in a day), meanwhile over that time the daily death rate dropped to about 1000-1200/day (peak being 1300 in a day over that time)

MORE TESTING = MORE POSITIVES (it's simple law of averages learned in elementary school) and perhaps the best thing about these numbers is while the POSITIVES SHOT UP the daily deaths dropped, but the media won't broadcast that.

Does this mean that cases dramatically increased????...........NO! there's no doubt that there were more cases than advertised from April-May but they were either not tested OR asymptomatic........which also lowers the Death%, which is also good, but the media won't broadcast that.

But........... to each their own political agenda

Now, gee...I wonder why the CDC changed their

Aug 26, 2020, 5:27 PM

guidelines? Jesus, you're a moron.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/world/covid-19-coronavirus.html#link-75471d37

Aug 26, 2020, 6:49 PM

Wow! These sketchy ### losers from our current administration don’t miss a trick. Hey Earle how can we trick America into thinking we got this thing under control? I got it Vern let’s wait til Fauci is doped up and change the rules.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/politics/fauci-coronavirus-cdc-testing/index.html

Aug 26, 2020, 8:40 PM

Just got off the phone with a co-worker who lives in Denver. He was telling me that his sister, who I also know, had Covid about 10 days ago. She had headaches, slight fever, and full-body aches. She is better now, thankfully.

The reason that I post this, is when she started feeling bad, she went to get tested. She was told the test would be back in 4-5 days. The next day, her work called and asked her to come into their test facility to be tested, which they had a 24 hour turn around. The next day, her (2nd) test came back negative. She was thankful that she didn't have it (at least she thought), but stayed home from work anyway. A couple of days later, her (1st) test came back, positive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 8:51 PM

User Logo
Fever®
Orange Blooded [4054]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Aug 26, 2020 8:40 PM

Just got off the phone with a co-worker who lives in Denver. He was telling me that his sister, who I also know, had Covid about 10 days ago. She had headaches, slight fever, and full-body aches. She is better now, thankfully.

The reason that I post this, is when she started feeling bad, she went to get tested. She was told the test would be back in 4-5 days. The next day, her work called and asked her to come into their test facility to be tested, which they had a 24 hour turn around. The next day, her (2nd) test came back negative. She was thankful that she didn't have it (at least she thought), but stayed home from work anyway. A couple of days later, her (1st) test came back, positive.

that has happened hundreds of thousands of times.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic