Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With all the talk about bama closing the gap on number 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,651

With all the talk about bama closing the gap on number 1

Nov 3, 2020, 9:59 AM

Its safe to say that a big win saturday would widen the gap again. I hope we show up ready. If we do, we win. Otherwise itll be a sad weekend.

Id really like to see a complete game in all phases from the tigers. I feel good with ETN and DJ at qb as long as we dont turn the ball over.

Wonder how cold it will be saturday night for the game? Nit sure if that will be a factor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only supposed to be 53 Saturday night.........

Nov 3, 2020, 10:07 AM

I would think a solid win over ND will strengthen our hold on first place - no question. Just hope we're focused and play smart and not make some of the mental errors like in the BC game.

Re: It's only supposed to be 53 Saturday night.........

Nov 3, 2020, 10:11 AM

Thank you for the nice response tiger77. Glad to see it. +1 for you. All the respect my friend. Enjoy your day. Go tigers.

Nov 3, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to It's only supposed to be 53 Saturday night......... ]

This, and we need to eliminate errors. OL doesn't need to take any plays off, and special teams blocking is critical. We've had several issues with FG's that must be fixed. We can, and should, win this game, if we really are the #1 team in the country. Let's just go play like we are, with everybody doing his job on every play. Do that and we leave South Bend with a nice Quality Win and with our respect regained by most pundits. Lose the game, and we will be seen as having been pretenders all along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 10:26 AM

Agreed!

Nov 3, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: It's only supposed to be 53 Saturday night......... ]

If we lose then I think it'll depend on how we lose as far as people seeing us as pretenders. If we lose a close game, especially if it's a low scoring close game then I think we'll largely get a pass with Lawrence being out. Now, if our defense plays poorly, and we were to lose something like 38-17 or something then we may not get such a pass.

Of course by pass I mean in terms of still being in a position to make the CFP as a loss would surely drop us from the #1 spot regardless.

Nov 3, 2020, 11:42 AM

I don't disagree at all with your assessment. Let's just win, and win convincingly, and eliminate any doubts. That's the ticket I want. Also, it'll be fun, even though a little frustrating, to hear the excuses and the reasons they give as to why we don't reclaim our position. That'll be comical and will show their true bias, as if it ever were hidden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: It's only supposed to be 53 Saturday night......... ]

Sadly, I don't think we get a pass, no matter what, should we lose, but I think we play a great game on Saturday. I think we shock a lot of people who think ND is so special and should be in contention every year, no matter what. Last time we played them, the thoughts were like that, and best I remember, we stomped a mud hole in their arses and walked it dry. Let's hope for a repeat, but at the very least a win, by whatever margin.

Re: With all the talk about bama closing the gap on number 1

Nov 3, 2020, 10:40 AM

“Safe to say?” You forget the rule. When highly ranked ACC teams lose to other ACC teams, the highly ranked team is overrated and the value of the win should reflect accordingly.

ESPN

Re: With all the talk about bama closing the gap on number 1

Nov 3, 2020, 12:44 PM

I just hope the Coaches don’t over think this thing . Stop the ND run make Book win it for them and just turn DJ loose let him do his thing.
He may make some mistakes but he has an very accurate cannon of a arm . Run ETN to the edges and throw it to him often.
Stop the wasted first down run up the middle, save that for when they think we toss it outside.
With a good game plan we have the talent to win this game by 3 TDs.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic