Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9/11 in real time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,093

9/11 in real time

Sep 11, 2020, 10:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEogeIIOJzU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched/listen to a long video on youtube this time last

Sep 11, 2020, 10:27 AM

year that had all of the audio from the planes, flight control, NORAD, etc. Listening to it was just surreal. Somebody, i believe it was NORAD, was conducting a drill that morning and there was mass confusion as to whether the events unfolding were real or part of the drill. By the time people realized there was a serious situation and scrambled fighters, it was far too late for the WTC towers. There was also a startling lack of good communication between the flight control in Boston and everyone else.

And perhaps the most fatal assumption at that time was that terrorists would only hijack planes to use as a negotiating chip. I don't think anyone really envisioned them using a hijacked plane as a bomb.

Wow

Sep 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

I hadn’t seen that. Thanks for sharing. Brings back a lot of feelings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9/11 in real time

Sep 11, 2020, 11:08 AM

I dont ever rewatch 911 footage. I saw it enough when it happened. I dont revisit it but that's just me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is the thing i listened to

Sep 11, 2020, 11:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBhgEm3j7A&ab_channel=AIRBOYD

The ID Techs at 26:00... sigh. They sound like a couple of giggly little girls and they are legitimately excited that there's a "real world hijack."

Sep 11, 2020, 11:31 AM

Thank you for posting the video. I had seen most of that footage in some form but not put all together. I posted in the amphitheater and would like to know what you were doing when you learned about the planes hitting the twin towers. I was @ work and we turn on the office TV and just watched without making a sound. Please share your thoughts there. Thanks

Sep 11, 2020, 11:35 AM

I got to ten seconds and had to stop. Still feels too painful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 11:39 AM

I was watching Karl Rowe this morning crying talking about it and just wondering where we would be if it had never happened.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,093
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic