Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo doesn’t allow players to take visits after committing..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Dabo doesn’t allow players to take visits after committing..

Jan 26, 2021, 1:02 PM

to Clemson. I think the same approach should be used with coaches. If Tony Elliott is committed to Clemson, he should not be entertaining other offers. I always admired BC for firing Jeff Jagodzinski when he interviewed with another team, it showed the college football world that BC was serious about their football program. We can either learn something from them, or just be happy with our place in the football landscape. I vote we never stop learning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hadn't thought about that, but you're absolutely right.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:05 PM

How can we expect recruits to be all-in when coaches are out there testing the waters and considering decommitting? BC is a good call on the model we should be aiming for in a football program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My grandma always said...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:14 PM

“What’s good for the goose is good for the gander”. I think that lesson applies here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And since coaching is a labor of love ...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:20 PM

And we know these coaches are 100% loyal to Clemson for life, a pay cut to fund more Nikes, larger TV screens, and fresher lobster, king crab & steaks might also be in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And since coaching is a labor of love ...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:52 PM

Thought Nike was on the permanent TigerNet banned/cancel list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hadn't thought about that, but you're absolutely right.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I hadn't thought about that, but you're absolutely right. ]

Players get into coaching and work there way up the chain of command to hopefully one day being a head coach. So you want Clemson to fire someone who has been loyal to your university and deserves an opportunity to move upward. I don’t think so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think TE should not be our OC until...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:19 PM

he’s committed to being our OC. You don’t get to have it both ways.

You’re chunking in some deep water today . . .

Jan 26, 2021, 1:39 PM

You’re gonna catch a big’un ‘for it’s over!!!

Thanks for the show . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had me at red bandannas

Jan 26, 2021, 1:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don't think TE has any eligibility remaining***

Jan 26, 2021, 1:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He’s a coach.***

Exactly !!!!***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m shocked you have access to a computer.***

Jan 26, 2021, 1:22 PM

It's like My dear old Aunt Mable used to say,

Jan 26, 2021, 1:27 PM

"You can lead a monkey to the barrel, but you can't shoot the fish for him."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: It's like My dear old Aunt Mable used to say,

Jan 26, 2021, 1:41 PM

Mable sounds wise, my Aunt Mildred would say:

You can stuff a horse in a pickle jar but then you would need to drown the pickles out in privy.

Yeah, we helped Aunt Mildred back into the room with padded wall and took away cousin Jimmy key to the facility.

I'm shocked...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:28 PM [ in reply to I’m shocked you have access to a computer.*** ]

my sarcasm/humor is lost on you (again).

Such a dumb argument. Apples to Oranges... These coaches

are trying to figure out how to turn their $1Million salary into $5Million salary.

The players get paid zero. So if the player commits and then decommits, he could cause that coach to lose millions of dollars because that coach was depending on that player.

Therefore, it is very selfish and ridiculous for a player to even consider taking a visit somewhere else after committing.

But coaches...I can't blame them for looking around because you know their wife probably wants new countertops in the kitchen.

I doubt TE would keep his house in Clemson...

Jan 26, 2021, 1:24 PM

if he took the UT job. Not sure how updating countertops would come into play?

Coach does well at school. Coach flirts with new school.

Jan 26, 2021, 1:25 PM

Current school makes new offer.

Wife gets new countertops.

Shocking he has access to a computer huh !?!?!?!***

Jan 26, 2021, 1:30 PM

Re: Such a dumb argument. Apples to Oranges... These coaches

Jan 26, 2021, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Such a dumb argument. Apples to Oranges... These coaches ]

use to be fur coats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's posted

Jan 26, 2021, 1:44 PM

all over the football facility... BC Is The Standard.

That's ridiculous

Jan 26, 2021, 1:57 PM

So in your job, if another company offered you 2, 3, 4, 5 times your current pay, and the situation was right for you and your family, you wouldn't have a discussion about it? And if you did take it (I assume you would) would you then think of yourself as one who let your company down?

As one who manages highly paid employees, who are also under contracts, I can tell you that I'm genuinely happy for them when they can better the life of their family. There's no greater honor than for my competitor to come after someone I trained, raised up and prepared for a greater opportunity. And part if my job (as is Dabo's) is to be prepared for that to happen at any time. Next hire up!

And further more, any boss who would fire someone for looking is a terrible boss.... but hey, lets be more like BC... winners. geez

If you can't understand that....... smh

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Ok, let’s think about this...

Jan 26, 2021, 2:07 PM

If you were a general in the army and one of your top officers, who you nurtured, groomed, and brought up through the ranks, took a job with the opposing army because they offered him more money, would that be ok? Of course not, that person would be considered a traitor and an enemy.

Re: Ok, let’s think about this...

Jan 26, 2021, 2:14 PM

that is the stupidest comparison I have ever heard, those two things have nothing in common.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Lunar Tables has the Major Feeding Period . . .

Jan 26, 2021, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Ok, let’s think about this... ]

listed between 8:30am and 1pm today . . .

Looks like it may have been off a tad . . . Oh well, the bite is still good!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't you just let me play along w/o ruining it? :)***

Jan 26, 2021, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Ok, let’s think about this... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I think we should do the same thing here toTNet posters

Jan 26, 2021, 2:16 PM

who visit Coot websites.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think we should do the same thing here toTNet posters

Jan 26, 2021, 2:24 PM

not to mention leg-humpers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Dabo doesn’t allow players to take visits after committing..

Jan 26, 2021, 2:19 PM

Well , Dabo himself always sez never say no when talking about job openings .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If TE wants to be PAC12 commissioner - Dabo needs to let

Jan 26, 2021, 2:20 PM

him try.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe that TE

Jan 26, 2021, 2:36 PM

Has a lot of respect for the coach and university that has helped him through a difficult early life and will show an allegiance to them. Sometimes there are more important things than great wealth.

I really hate when people compare students to employees.....

Jan 26, 2021, 2:36 PM

It's a terrible comparison and reminds me of middle school kids trying to get out of trouble.

That’s why I compared TE to JJ.***

Jan 26, 2021, 2:43 PM

Football is just like real life

Jan 26, 2021, 2:55 PM

My wife committed 20 years ago, but entered the transfer portal in the fall of 2020. I don’t like the transfer portal. Dabo is right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Re: Football is just like real life

Jan 26, 2021, 3:02 PM

I heard from a very unreliable source that Frances Marion went into the transfer portal but nobody picked him up. That is why he is on Tigernet at the moment.

I want to TD that experience...

Jan 26, 2021, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Football is just like real life ]

but not you. Please accept the TU as a symbol of support and understanding.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Jan 26, 2021, 4:30 PM

So, how would a coach ever get another job?

Once he is hired by Clemson he cannot even talk to another school without resigning?

How many people on this board worked their career that way? You didn't even consider another job without first resigning from your current job?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Badges?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jan 26, 2021, 9:58 PM

We dont need no stinking badges!!!!!!!

Jan 27, 2021, 4:42 AM

Recruits can always de- commit if they want to take other visits. Once they commit Dabo makes it clear what his rules are for a player. If they accept this rules they should not have a problem.

Players have the same benefits as our coaches. They can leave the team through the transfer portal, or they can just quit the team. I have always viewed a scholarship as a contract but not all players honor them.

With coaches I think it is a little different. They are not on scholarship in college. If you have a great coaching staff like Clemson other schools are going to try to lure our coaches away. Some do it honestly and some are pretty dirty with their tactics.

Regarding TE’s situation, I see it differently. I don’t think Tony Elliiot is going out seeking jobs. I believe he has had several teams contact Dabo to speak with TE or some have tried to be a little sneaky. In those cases where a team tries to unethical contact TE he would tell them No right away. Tony is a man of ethics, integrity and character. So I don’t believe he is out there looking like Chad Morris was doing. I don’t believe TE would use another offer as leverage for more money.

Because he is such a great man and coach naturally other schools will continue to mention TE on their list. This doesn’t mean they are on TE’s list. The more success Clemson has the more schools will continue trying to TE and other coaches away from Clemson. How do you think we hired some of our coaches. We lured them to Clemson.

I believe David Hood said TE has not even had contact with Tenn. The media loves to create rumors especially within our program to hurt our recruiting, to get our fan base anxious or just to have something to print.

IMHO Tony is “All In” 110% committed to Clemson.

As a fan I admit I am selfish. I love TE and want him to stay at Clemson. However, we all want to better ourselves and provide for our family. If TE is contacted and thinking of leaving Clemson, I can assure you that he would have give it much prayer, discuss leaving with his family and with Dabo.

To me it’s a positive reflection on how Elite our program has become, the culture of our program which includes great coaches, great kids and the best fans in college football.

I sincerely hope Tony Elliiot stays at Clemson. The first time I meet him he really impressed me. After hearing him speak I can see why Dabo hired him. The more I know about him the more impressed I am with him.

Whatever TE decides to do this year or in the future The Clemson Family should pray for TE and his family. We should wish him the best if he were to leave Clemson this year or 5 years from now. He has been very loyal and given Clemson his best.

Thank you Tony for your positive contributions to Clemson University as a player and as a coach.

I mentioned Chad Morris earlier. I like Coach Morris but I think he made one move to many. IMO CM should have stayed at SMU. I think CM seems to always be looking at what’s out there instead on looking at what he has. I think he could have been very successful at SMU. I still wish him the best. Another coach that comes to mind Rich Rod. Seems like he is always looking. He made a few moves to many. I believe he and TB could have given us the 90’s with some great accomplishments.

Dabo is still the best to walk the Clemson sidelines as the HC.

One thing that really frustrates me with coaches, mainly HC’s is when they sign a new long term contract then bolt after a year or two into the life of the contract.

Remember during a Sunday PC when Saban snapped at a reporter in Miami stating he was not considering the Alabama HC’s job. Shortly after the PC he was in Bama as the HC. Lol ?? Yes I trust Saban lol ??????

Jeremy Chadwell a person of great character, integrity and honesty. As the HC at Coastal Carolina’s he just signed a new 7 year contract. He received a hefty raise making him the highest paid HC in the Sunbelt conference and he talks about being committed to CCU for many years. I will be disappointed if he does not honor at least 4 to 5 years of his contract extension.

HC’s should have some negative consequences for failing to honor most or all of the contract. If coaches are going to ignore contracts why even have time limits in a contract.

Names I think you will constantly see for any job opening that pays more money are:

Bill Clark deserves a great opportunity. He has been very loyal to UAB.
Jimbo Fisher usually looking
Lane Kiffin always looking
Chad Morris always looking
Huge Freeze who owes Jerry Farwell’s school for even hiring him.
Billy Napier who just signed an extension
Gus Malazhan now looking
Urban Meyer when he was out of coaching due to health.
Any coach on Nick Saban’s staff

Rumored Coaches
—————————-
Clemson Coaches - Dabo, TE, BV possibly other coaches.

Bret Bielema
Butch Jones

Sometimes college football coaching is like a cheap soap opera. Lol. ( sorry it ended up so long. )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 6:12 AM

First Dabo doesn't have a rule about a player committing and not being allowed to take visits. How and why Clemson fans have to be told that continuously I don't know but Dabo has only stated his view on it 100 times. So again, Dabo's view is if a recruit is committed and they take a visit or want to take visit to another school then Dabo doesn't consider that recruit committed to Clemson anymore. That's it, no more no less. Never has Dabo ever told a recruit he couldn't take his visits. I just don't know where this rumor that Dabo has told recruits they couldn't take visits bc he's only stated his position over and over again.

Jan 27, 2021, 6:33 AM

TigerAidan,

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. Once a kid commits to Clemson Dabo’s rule is you do not visit other schools. If you want to take other visits then Dabo does not consider you a commitment. Dabo will not hold a spot for them. It appears your misinterpreted my words into a different meaning. Korey Foreman was committed to Clemson then he had to de-commit to take other visits. He ended up at USC in California.

It is Dabo’s rule, policy, or recruiting guidelines for Clemson kids that commit to Clemson agree to four-go any visits to other schools.

Jan 27, 2021, 7:41 AM

to Clemson. I think the same approach should be used with coaches. If Tony Elliott is committed to Clemson, he should not be entertaining other offers. I always admired BC for firing Jeff Jagodzinski when he interviewed with another team, it showed the college football world that BC was serious about their football program. We can either learn something from them, or just be happy with our place in the football landscape. I vote we never stop learning.

Idiot.

You're basically saying the only way he can further his career by way of promotion is to quit his current job first, something you nor anyone else in their right mind would ever do.

Are you familiar with resign to run laws?...

Jan 27, 2021, 8:16 AM

A resign-to-run law is a law that required the current holder of an office to resign from that office before he can run for another office. ~Wiki

So you have to decommit from a current commitment to make

Jan 27, 2021, 8:41 AM

it a past commitment so you can explore the possibility of a future commitment (by showing you can be committed, but aren't right now) before it can become your new, present commitment? Got it.

Re: Are you familiar with resign to run laws?...

Jan 27, 2021, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Are you familiar with resign to run laws?... ]

Did Tony Elliot run for office or get elected into his position. Every post you make questions your intelligence.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic