Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Contrary to Media and left wing claims Americans are not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Contrary to Media and left wing claims Americans are not

Oct 15, 2020, 1:58 PM

stupid. They see what is going on and will vote likewise. Guns sales are @ an all time high including people buying their first gun.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u-s-gun-sales-soar-amid-pandemic-social-unrest-election-fears

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, never seen anything like that before.

Oct 15, 2020, 2:02 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/07/uselections2008-barackobama

Message was edited by: spooneye®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, never seen anything like this before.

Oct 15, 2020, 2:05 PM

I think you are forgetting they were not any rioting in 2008. If you look @ the sales it is @ an all time high. That means way above any sales in 2008. The first time gun owner is the biggest thing.

B-b-but this time it's different! -Trollbotsky***

Oct 15, 2020, 2:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, OC

Oct 15, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, never seen anything like this before. ]

If you have the urge right now to rush out and buy guns, then you're one of the gullible people the manufacturers are targeting with their marketing strategy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Hmmm. I must have missed all the new

Oct 15, 2020, 2:34 PM

Winchester commercials on TV

Were they creative?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Mic drop***

Oct 15, 2020, 2:54 PM

Hey FordPrefect

Oct 15, 2020, 4:01 PM

Here's one of those mic drop kids you referenced earlier today.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

The manufacturers...

Oct 15, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to ^^ Mic drop*** ]

Use the NRA and Fox to get all their little sheeple to panic and buy more guns.

Re: Wow, never seen anything like this before.

Oct 15, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, never seen anything like this before. ]

OC,

So Americans are not stupid but they are irrationally scared ??

Re: Wow, never seen anything like that before.

Oct 15, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Wow, never seen anything like that before. ]

I have more than a lot but is thinking about a few more. Do you have any suggestions?

Of course they are. The average consumer is...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:07 PM

And this is simple capitalism. Very smart buy the gun manufacturers, actually. They know fear is one of the best elements of pathos in marketing.

Gun manufacturers call up the NRA, who now represents them, not the American people who own guns (they used to be this decades ago). They get the NRA to manufacture artificial fear that Dems are coming for their guns once in power. Thus, the people panic and buy more guns.

They did this when Obama was president. Gun sales soared.

Guess how many guns the feds took away? Yep, none.

It's simple, smart capitalism and good marketing. And it's always--always--designed to prey upon people who don't know better. Like sugary cereal ads back when we were kids watching cartoons on Saturday mornings.

Re: Of course they are. The average consumer is...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:10 PM

Should I buy a complete gun or an untraceable kit ?

The NRA literally had nothing to do with this

Oct 15, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Of course they are. The average consumer is... ]

At least this year. It was purely COVID and social unrest. Ammo had gotten scarce by the end of April, and gun control isn't even in the mainstream narrative right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NRA literally had nothing to do with this

Oct 15, 2020, 2:43 PM

I agree, I had to break out the old re-loading equipment. I was into that about 15 yrs ago. I did purchase a new turret press. It saves a lot of time.

Even primers and powder have been wiped out from what I've

Oct 15, 2020, 2:52 PM

seen. I quit shooting around May because of ammo prices, now you just flat out can't find it. Even guns and ammo for the most bizarre, random calibers is scarce. Tells me there's a lot of new gun buyers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even primers and powder have been wiped out from what I've

Oct 15, 2020, 3:02 PM

I agree. If you want to start reloading you should make the jump. Its is fun but just take care when trimming and inspecting your brass and measuring you powder.

They literally always have everything to do with this.

Oct 15, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to The NRA literally had nothing to do with this ]

They are now an extension of the gun manufacturing lobby, and creating artificial fear always drives up sales.

No, they don't. This is like 2008 thinking

Oct 15, 2020, 4:17 PM

Their influence has waned significantly, I don't think they even showed up or gave support to Lobby day in Virginia this year in the face of some pretty radical gun control legislation. And their own #### shooting range was in the cross hairs. The VCDL was responsible for organizing that.

Aside from that, the people you think are buying up all of the guns and ammo this go around are not who you think they are. It's people from all walks of life, walk in Palmetto State Armory down there and see who is perusing the gun selection. People are genuinely worried.

Re: No, they don't. This is like 2008 thinking

Oct 15, 2020, 4:22 PM

Sorry, but this is SOP for the NRA and they've been doing it all over again during coronavirus and the civil unrest.

"At the center of the controversy is the NRA. Ever since the emergence of COVID-19 sent the world into a tailspin, the group has sought not just to fight to keep gun stores open and boost firearms sales, but also to stoke fear and suspicion during the country’s darkest hour. On social media, in videos, and in blog posts, the nation’s oldest and most influential gun rights organization has repeatedly pushed out alarmist messaging suggesting that the pandemic will lead to a societal breakdown—and that the only way people can protect themselves and their families is by purchasing a gun."

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/05/how-the-nra-is-using-coronavirus-fears-to-drive-up-gun-sales/

In addition...

Oct 15, 2020, 4:25 PM

As the article notes, a lot of this is to raise money for themselves. The virus hit them hard financially, and they really need more membership/gun sales to get a leg back up.

They've manufactured this demand by using fear for decades. Nothing new. Are people more scared than usual? Yeah, I'd say so, and it's not just the NRA. But they're right in there again getting people fired up, and people need to remember who pulls their strings ultimately: the manufacturers.

LOL, that tweet they referenced only had 8.7k retweets

Oct 15, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: No, they don't. This is like 2008 thinking ]

and a million views since March. For reference, I'm pretty sure Deshaun Watson's tweet about him giving his mom a new car has more than that. Nobody is paying attention to the NRA anymore, they just aren't. This is a decade old talking point that's no longer applicable, and what you linked was a laughable hit piece trying to blame guns and the NRA for increased violence levels due to a variety of different factors related to COVID.

I mean, come on. In a year where we've seen a pandemic, commodity shortages, and social unrest in cities across the country, you're trying to tell me the NRA is behind the huge increase in ammo and gun sales? Really?

Re: LOL, that tweet they referenced only had 8.7k retweets

Oct 15, 2020, 7:01 PM

They have millions of members. People still pay attention to them. And so far, all you've presented is anecdotal evidence of a trip to PSA, which I had no problem buying more ammo from online in the midst of the height of the unrest.

We've had a spike, no doubt. But it's not overly unusual. See below.

First notice that the spike in guns started before all the riots and protests. And it coincided with the NRA's (therefore, the gun manufacturers' push) to buy. The NRA isn't the gun lobby's only outlet, of course, but they are the most vocal.

You also see spikes following infamous mass shootings, which coincides with manufacturers' push to convince people the government was coming for their guns.

Next, gun manufacturing has boomed over the last decade compared to previous years.

Don't take this as an anti-gun argument. It's only pointing out that the fear of the government taking your guns is artificially manufactured to push people to buy more of them. The fear is pushed every so often, people buy them up, and the government does nothing. It happens over and over.

All you have to do is google first time gun buyers 2020

Oct 15, 2020, 8:38 PM

Plenty of articles will come up talking about it. Here’s one from business insider:

https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-sales-pandemic-protests-first-time-buyers-2020-8?amp

Did the NRA push influence you to buy ammo at the height of the unrest? Cause it was getting pretty expensive then. IMO, those charts prove my point, gun sales spiked after a pandemic and social unrest, not due to an irrational fear that govt is going to take your guns. There was no national mainstream talk of gun control to scare people, unlike After Sandy Hook and the other mass shootings.

There are a lot of people unhappy with the NRA, myself included. However, to try to blame this spike on them and gun manufacturers is totally misreading the room in 2020.

Re: All you have to do is google first time gun buyers 2020

Oct 15, 2020, 8:54 PM

They're certainly not the sole reason, but they're striking while the iron is hot. It's smart marketing.

Going back to the OP, his argument was that Dems were going to take guns--again. And that's another area where they seize upon gullible buyers.

I don’t think they’re going to try to take them

Oct 15, 2020, 9:11 PM

They’re just going to make you a felon for having them. Increasingly it seems like a bipartisan effort though. Of course, it’s more of a state level fight and not federal now.

Re: Of course they are. The average consumer is...

Oct 15, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Of course they are. The average consumer is... ]

Catahoula

Guess how many guns the feds took away?
They get the NRA to manufacture artificial fear that Dems are coming for their guns once in power.

Because Dems only controlled E-H-S for 2 yrs and did not have supreme court majority.
And obviously with leading dems like Beto saying they will take guns away I don't need to hear from the NRA about it.

Hey, let's have a civics lesson.

Oct 15, 2020, 4:04 PM

The Supreme Court can't overturn amendments.

People like Beto who spout gun nonsense do it for votes the same way Pubs spout abortion nonsense for votes. Same generation of artificial fear for votes.

Re: Contrary to Media and left wing claims Americans are not

Oct 15, 2020, 2:09 PM

I don't know enough about guns. Is that where most Americans will get the most return on their investment?

No, we aren't. Only the ones buying guns

Oct 15, 2020, 2:10 PM

and ammo because they think someone is going to take them away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, we aren't. Only the ones buying guns

Oct 15, 2020, 2:12 PM

I don't have enough ammo yet but am working on it. Their was a shortage of .223 but more are on the market now.

Oct 15, 2020, 2:17 PM

Aww. Now you'll have to hire the neighbor's kid to shoot the squirrels for you.

(If you were a person and not a Russian trollbot that will vanish on November 4.)

Oct 15, 2020, 2:19 PM

There is nothing wrong with my aim. You can count on that. We Russian have to get trained @ an early age. comrade.

This is an out of touch take.***

Oct 15, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to No, we aren't. Only the ones buying guns ]

In Walhalla.***

Oct 15, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try nationwide***

Oct 15, 2020, 3:58 PM

people have thought that for a while...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to No, we aren't. Only the ones buying guns ]

seems odd that gun and ammo sales were surge when a pandemic creates a shortage on some goods and rioting breaks out in the streets.

That is unless there was an event I missed that all of the sudden heightened the fear of having guns taken away.

I personally think "conservatives" and "liberals" alike have a desire to protect their homes and families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: people have thought that for a while...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:50 PM

Everyone knows they are not going to repeal the 2nd amendment but the SC could rule a person does not have the right to own a gun or state and city laws could outlaw them and that is why they will pack the supreme court. Hillary had promised to take away gun ownership and that would have been through the SC.

And contrary to what a lot of people think...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:19 PM

gun sales are apolitical. Not every liberal is crazy anti-gun, at least in practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And contrary to what a lot of people think...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:21 PM

I have been buy guns for a long time way before the left wingers wanted to take them away. I am looking @ an AR-10 and a good .45. I don't have those @ present.

Re: And contrary to what a lot of people think...

Oct 15, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to And contrary to what a lot of people think... ]

Exactly. I couldn't care less about guns either way.

Trump is going to lose, but sure, gun shops are happy.***

Oct 15, 2020, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump is going to lose, but sure, gun shops are happy.***

Oct 15, 2020, 2:52 PM

I am not sure if he will lose or not but it is in God's hands. We may not understand God's plan but it will be his plan for better or worse.

the worst part

Oct 15, 2020, 3:06 PM

there is zero money in guns and especially ammo. I hope these dudes are saving their dollars for when things go back to normal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the worst part

Oct 15, 2020, 3:16 PM

That is where you are wrong guns hold they value more than anything else. If they outlaw them then the ones make from kits will have a high value for sure.

Oct 15, 2020, 3:10 PM

I have guns, among other reasons, to protect myself from the rabid dems in the case a bad scenario ever happens when I am out peacefully protesting with the rest of the conservatives.

Ever heard of insurance? Yes, so having a gun is like having life insurance.

Ah yes

Oct 15, 2020, 3:32 PM

there's a direct correlation between intelligence and gun ownership just like tire size and #### length.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wut?***

Oct 15, 2020, 3:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Short guys drive monster trucks.

Sep 10, 2015, 11:24 AM

;)

They do? Are those issued by someone?

Oct 15, 2020, 4:02 PM

I need to get one then

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like horse jockeys.***

Oct 15, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Short guys drive monster trucks. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah yes

Oct 15, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Ah yes ]

WoW, how uninformed can someone be?

Re: Ah yes

Oct 15, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Ah yes ]

I guess you are saying gun owners are smart but ones without them are not. I have to agree with you on that one.

my truck has 22" rims

Oct 15, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Ah yes ]

which means small tires, but I own lots of guns as do most of the females in my family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in Chicago!***

Oct 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 9:01 PM

So all of these negative things are occurring under the administration of Trump.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic