Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's an interesting encapsulation of events leading up to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 588

Here's an interesting encapsulation of events leading up to

Jan 16, 2021, 10:05 AM

and including the insurrection. It provides a nice overview and rightfully recognizes a couple of people who stepped up to the pressure when their time came.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/americas-second-worst-scenario/ar-BB1cO60G?li=BBnb7Kz

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many great points in that article, so much spot on.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:19 AM

But still missing so much, still getting so much so wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We're in the silly season after any victory, where the

Jan 16, 2021, 11:28 AM

winner screams that they were right about everything, wrong about nothing, truth is defined by one ideological perspective. But ideology replaced truth some time ago, so...

Remember when we said Saban had been dethroned, he had lost his way, he couldn't keep assistants and we were the new definition of college football?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Victory by one political party or the defeat of another

Jan 16, 2021, 11:52 AM

is not a victory for the people, and provides only marginal, temporary solutions at best. There are certain elements of human nature that we must guard against, and they exist equally in all political parties, all races, and all ethnicities. The failure to recognize this or believe otherwise is the problem, and this partisanship mentality prevents real solutions and real progress. People who have broken the law must be prosecuted - absolutely; but further attempts to marginalize and persecute Trump loyalists and supporters is misguided and flat out wrong. Doing so is a total failure to understand what is going on here, what to do about it, and will only create more division and lead to more violence when this country needs healing and unity more than ever in my lifetime.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The problems that got us here were not even addressed by the

Jan 16, 2021, 12:06 PM

election, let alone solved.

Will take a couple of semi final ### kickings for that to settle in, except we'll blame the sophomore on the oline for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Victory by one political party or the defeat of another

Jan 16, 2021, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Victory by one political party or the defeat of another ]

Let me make 2 points:

1. The group of people who entered the Capitol Building last week were not the only ones who participated in an insurrection. The President and his more vocal enablers contributed too. And as the FBI investigates further we may learn just how much more they contributed. Everyone who participated should have to face the consequences befitting the level of their participation.

2. Where were you guys when Trump was being so divisive and attacking anyone who was not supporting him or his view of American ? Where was this interest in the unity of our country when YOUR guy was in power ?? What has changed to suddenly make unity more important than investigating and appropriately punishing those who sought to overturn a fair and democratic election ???

Jan 16, 2021, 1:13 PM

1. From my post above (as I have always maintained) "People who have broken the law must be prosecuted - absolutely".

2. I don't pretend to speak for "you guys" but I have also spoken on here about Trump's utter failure to reach out and unify. He missed a golden opputunity. His legacy could have been much different, but he failed. Having said that, the mainstream media, who control the narrative, and his political opponents, would have fought that every step of the way, so I don't know.

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 16, 2021, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Victory by one political party or the defeat of another ]

1. Agree that those that who broke the law be punished.

It was NOT an insurrection by any reasonable definition. A tiny percentage of a very large friendly protest spontaneously and impulsively broke ranks. Had the CP paid attention to intelligence obtained before the event and accepted the additional security that was offered, this would have been a nothingburger. Your hyperbolic, silly description of an INSURRECTION is just comedic. Overreact much?

2. Where were you guys when Trump was being so divisive and attacking anyone who was not supporting him or his view of American? Where was this interest in the unity of our country when YOUR guy was in power ?? What has changed to suddenly make unity more important than investigating and appropriately punishing those who sought to overturn a fair and democratic election ???

ans.:Tobias, once again you missed the elephant in the room.

Trump did NOT divide the country.

The malignant, hateful, vulgar TDS stricken MSM, democrats, Hollywood a$$es and the press divided
us. Collectively they attacked him, diminished his accomplishments (which were monumental),made up
lies, attacked verbally and physically his supporters. Many democrat politicians encouraged
physical attacks against his administration and supporters. Lady Gaga said she'd like to burn down
the WH. Ms. Griffin held up a decapitated Trump head!

And you seem to be surprised that he fought back against these unprecedented attacks! Seriously?

BTW, are you still preparing for our debate? I'm beginning to assume you're beaten before the
debate and are throwing in the towel. Smart move. Doubt your ego could take the hit, eh?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s an encapsulation of the next 4 years

Jan 16, 2021, 12:01 PM

PC, virtue signaling, doxxing, cancel culture, capitulation: all to the nth degree.

Things better: criminals will have it easier than ever, esp minorities. Ex; BLM activist burns down a business: if even arrested, bailed out by Hollywood and never charged. White lady breaks a window, gets shot in the face, and tigernet cheers. Both are wrong, only one of them is hated for it.

Things worse: taxes taxes taxes, college football, dreams of retirement, crime, Dems continuing to flee blue states to ruin red ones.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elections have consequences.***

Jan 16, 2021, 1:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she didn't break the glass according to the antifa dude that

Jan 16, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Here’s an encapsulation of the next 4 years ]

took the video of the cop killing her

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cry me a river. Your tears are delicious.***

Jan 16, 2021, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Here’s an encapsulation of the next 4 years ]

Re: Here's an interesting encapsulation of events leading up to

Jan 17, 2021, 7:04 PM

Bullchit. It's just your echo chamber story. Much of it total BS.

Replies: 12
| visibility 588
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic