Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There should be NO "PRE-SEASON" rankings in Current Polls!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 955

There should be NO "PRE-SEASON" rankings in Current Polls!

Oct 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

Teams with 0-0 W/L record have no business taking up a current spot in the polls.

When they start playing add them in where they belong, but it sickens me to see schools not getting recognition for their performance so far because half a dozen spots in the polls have been "RESERVED" for currently NON-PARTICIPATING TEAMS!

My rant!

Carry on.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There should be NO "PRE-SEASON" rankings in Current Polls!

Oct 11, 2020, 3:02 PM

I agree. I think no rankings for the first month of the season. Then you know how teams look.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what would the pundits talk about ?***

Oct 11, 2020, 3:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

Your comments are on point. Boggles one mind as to how a team who has not showed up on the field for 5 weeks can be rated as high as OSU. Teams who play are the only ones who should be considered in the rankings and then only after they have played 3+ games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - it drives me crazy, for example, how....

Oct 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

in the Coaches Poll Ohio State has 2 first-place votes and they haven't played a single game yet.

Florida, which just lost to aTm (both now 2-1), is still

Oct 11, 2020, 4:06 PM

ranked ahead of aTm, but BEHIND Penn St, which has not played a game. It's all politics, smoke and mirrors.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I agree - it drives me crazy, for example, how....

Oct 11, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I agree - it drives me crazy, for example, how.... ]

Day and Harbaugh voted for the bucknuts. Day because he is delusional and Harbaugh because he thinks he can beat them and wants them to be as highly ranked as possible when he does so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously.

Oct 11, 2020, 3:07 PM

To bad the obvious isn't for many.

They are completely irrelevant, the real poll hasn't come out yet

Oct 11, 2020, 3:27 PM

So it's just a novelty anyways

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They don't factor into the impressions of CFP committee?

Oct 11, 2020, 4:02 PM

I'm pretty sure they are aware that we are currently ranked #1 in the "fake polls", and the we just beat the 7th ranked team. I know they consider a variety of factors, but the current poll rankings can't help but factor into their thinking, even if it is subconcious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 11, 2020, 4:25 PM

I personally don’t think it matters. Would it really be better to rank teams now and take them out in a few weeks when the B10 starts playing?

Oct 11, 2020, 5:48 PM

Only IF the B10 teams PROVE they deserve to take a spot after they've played a game.

They decided to come late to the party! No special treatment should be given them... evaluate them on this years body of work like every other team!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 955
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic