Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo knows he needs to finish the reg season No 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dabo knows he needs to finish the reg season No 1

Oct 23, 2020, 10:48 PM

and thats why we are scoring 70 plus on teams.

we want Bama vs OSU in semis and play the winner. we should avoid playing them both in playoffs. previous years, we usually had to beat 2 good teams to win NC when Bama usually played Iowa in semis.

I think we have the strength of wins ( Miami and ND) to finish no 1 if we just win from now on out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's scoring 70 points on teams because his punter

Oct 23, 2020, 10:54 PM

is a better QB than their 1st string defense is a defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure. Here’s my take.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:05 PM

1. #1 has never won championship in playoff format.
2. Clemson won in even numbered years from the 2nd seed.
3. Just make the playoffs and spot the d@mn ball!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU was CFP #1 last year.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:25 PM

And had by far the easier semi-final.

It would be nice to be #1.
So long as the committee doesn’t do the same crap they did to us in 2015 when they jumped Mich St over Oklahoma so #2 Bama would have the much, MUCH, easier game while we had to face Oklahoma with Mayfield, Perine, and Mixon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: LSU was CFP #1 last year.

Oct 24, 2020, 12:21 AM

LSU had the better team in 2019, and when we played them for the NC, they beat a reloading team without much depth on the defense after our championship winning season of 2018. With a reloading team in 2019, we lost ONE game, and that was to a junior/senior laden team LSU. How many games has LSU won in their reloading year. LSU just got very lucky that we were reloading, and we would squash them this season with still a young team without the experience they had last season when they beat us!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure. Here’s my take.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Not sure. Here’s my take. ]

#1 won it last year

Oct 24, 2020, 12:32 AM

Don't stop the man when he is rolling. We can tell him later.

Oct 24, 2020, 3:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sure. Here’s my take. ]

#1 won it last year

Well I do declaya! You are absolutely correct suh! Not sure if I just blocked that from my memory or the beer and Rumpleminz had something to do with it. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo knows he needs to finish the reg season No 1

Oct 23, 2020, 11:29 PM

Dabo’s team is scoring 70 points because they are executing plays at every opportunity and that results in a score. It really is simple. It’s not dabo saying “let’s run up the score” it’s dabo, putting players in and they try their best and then they score. Citadel may have been the same but those players didn’t score. Easy peezy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 24, 2020, 12:17 AM

IMO, the key is avoiding Alabama in a semifinal because they tend to load up on that game.

I do like your overall point. If the #4 team is a weakfish compared to everyone else, would be nice to be #1.

Oct 24, 2020, 1:10 AM

No matter what it will be
if Tigers are number one- they got the easy game and the other team was worn from a hard game
if we go in as number two or number three it will be we did not play anybody
if we go in number 4 it will be we got in by the skin of out teeth and a better team was left out because of it.

If we didn't get in at all- it would be we were overrated and the four best teams should have been 3 SEC and the bucknuts.

Facts of life.

If Dabo were trying to run up the score

Oct 24, 2020, 4:40 AM

Clemson would be scoring 100+ points a game and not pulling starters after 2 quarters.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 5:09 AM

First off just finish, hopefully undefeated.
Secondly, you have us beating Notre Dame with your strength of schedule comment. Last time I checked ,we haven't played Notre Dame yet, and while they may not be world beaters,we do have to go there which, IMO, makes it our toughest game in the regular season.
Another thing to consider is if the Irish have only one loss, ( to us)we could face them again in the ACCCG if they only have one loss.
Finally,I don't know why people want to jump the gun and talk about finishing the season #1 when our next game is against a team that has nothing now to lose by pulling the upset.
Seems I recall we had to go 90+ yards the last time they were here to pull out the win.
Dabo knows what he needs to do, and right now I suspect he is focused on Syracuse.

Oct 24, 2020, 6:15 AM

Certainly doesn't hurt to be number 1.

Oct 24, 2020, 7:04 AM

We need to be top 4.

We only did that in 1 game

Oct 24, 2020, 9:02 AM

GT keyed on the run to take away ETN, so TL16 went to receiver with single coverage. GT stuck with their plan and got smeared.

I don’t see us doing it again this week.

BUT if we are dropping dimes on the post route when up by 40 then we’ll know the staff got the message that you have to crush ACC teams to maintain #1.

I think it’s the right move, given the B1g love fest that’s about to be unleashed this week.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic