Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's Transfer Rule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,968

Dabo's Transfer Rule

Jan 13, 2021, 2:50 PM

It would be a good year to break his rule. I know he has great success with not taking any, but he said this year for this first time that i can remember and that is never say never..
Would love to add Wanya Morris from TN or Arik Gilbert from LSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont see any point in rejecting a freshman transfer that..

Jan 13, 2021, 3:06 PM

you may have recruited hard and been a finalist for like Gilbert. Some kids make a mistake and no harm to the culture allowing them to come in like that. The 5th year transfer could be somewhat of a harm to your culture depending on the position and the players end goal. Alot of 4th or 5th year do it bc they want to better their film and draft status. Guys like that dont fit Dabo's in letting a short term player get his minutes, so to speak. I think the culture and pride Dabo created means more to him than letting a guy in at the end of his eligibility.

I think he should be open to it on a case by case basis. Not all make sense but I'd have to think there are a few here and there who you at least want to look at.

Re: I dont see any point in rejecting a freshman transfer that..

Jan 13, 2021, 4:02 PM

If taking transfer players destroys the cutlure Dabo has built, I'd argue that it was never that strong to begin with. If there are players out there that can immediatley make an impact for Clemson football, they should be considered. Our opponents will use the transfer portal to their benefit. Why shouldn't we?

Re: Dabo's Transfer Rule

Jan 13, 2021, 3:18 PM

Interesting article. Is Dabo thawing the transfer portal ice?

https://rubbingtherock-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/rubbingtherock.com/2021/01/13/clemson-football-arik-gilbert-transfer/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16105686449226&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Frubbingtherock.com%2F2021%2F01%2F13%2Fclemson-football-arik-gilbert-transfer%2F

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 3:59 PM

do we need another tight end? Seems OL and Dl are the places another player might fit

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 4:55 PM

Part of Dabo's recruiting success is being able to truthfully tell kids (and their parents) that his program will develop them and they will get every chance at a starting role or substantial playing time. Part of that promise means not bringing a transfer to displace a kid who has been working his way up the ladder. I totally get it. Cornell Powell case in point.

Jan 13, 2021, 5:04 PM

Not that we would have gotten them but the idea of potentially adding..

Tank Bigsby(rumor he was interested in transferring)
Wayne Morris
Aril Gilbert

I have ZERO complaints, as Dabo has proven his way of running a program attracts elite athletes but also elite young men. But it does make you think “what if”

Jan 13, 2021, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's Transfer Rule ]

Not that we would have gotten them but the idea of potentially adding..

Tank Bigsby(rumor he was interested in transferring)
Wayne Morris
Arik Gilbert

I have ZERO complaints, as Dabo has proven his way of running a program attracts elite athletes but also elite young men. But it does make you think “what if”

Jan 13, 2021, 4:58 PM

What rule? When has Dabo ever said he has a rule against it? I've heard him say he prefers to build through recruiting, but I've heard him say he has a rule against using the transfer portal. In fact, I've heard him say in the past that if there was ever a right fit in the portal they would evaluate the situation. He's certainly made it clear that he doesn't want to rely on using the portal, but I've never heard him say it's something he refuses to ever use.

Jan 13, 2021, 5:14 PM

I think you are right. I’ve never heard him say anything about a rule. I believe the word is “philosophy”.

Is it standard protocol from new accounts

Jan 13, 2021, 5:32 PM

To immediately start poasting about transfer portal?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,968
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic