Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we know if UGA is expected to get the death penalty...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Do we know if UGA is expected to get the death penalty...

Mar 8, 2021, 9:13 AM

prior to our matchup this fall? It might be a good idea for us to start looking for a replacement opponent with a comparable history, like BYU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Do we know if UGA is expected to get the death penalty...

Mar 8, 2021, 9:15 AM

I thought they had been "deathed" back sometime around '81 - haven't heard a peep in 41 years.

BYU has won a natty I think since

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, BYU has had more success in the...

Mar 8, 2021, 9:16 AM

modern era of college football than UGA, and it’s not even debatable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 8, 2021, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we know if UGA is expected to get the death penalty... ]

And the bees in Atlanta has won one since the dawwwwwwgs

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BYU has proven that they're willing to schedule a game on a

moment's notice, so they would indeed be a good choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Never happen. Because.....SEC. No other reason needed.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never happen. Because.....SEC. No other reason needed.

Mar 8, 2021, 9:51 AM

Maybe the NCAA will take out its frustrations on one of the lesser SEC teams. You know Saban is protected. Kirby is probably not far behind. Hope I'm wrong but don't count on it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

A week ago I would have laughed at the prospect.

Mar 8, 2021, 9:18 AM

Today, however, it is a very real possibility. My sources say a minimum of 3 years probation is on the horizon with possibly five.

As far as death penalty like SMU in 1987, it is not totally out of the picture. Not likely, but certainly a possibility.

Rush from Valdosta is bad news and for Kirby to be living (at least part time) in his basement is not good.

Honestly, I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about it.

Mar 8, 2021, 9:25 AM

Even if it does turn out to be true, the NCAA won't do jack **** about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Unless you're Charleston Southern and your players

Mar 10, 2021, 4:12 PM

are buying "non-academic" stuff at the school bookstore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: A week ago I would have laughed at the prospect.

Mar 8, 2021, 10:01 AM [ in reply to A week ago I would have laughed at the prospect. ]

Your points are valid. Let's just see if the NCAA has the balls to do it, if it all is real, and that may be a big "if". I don't have a high regard for the NCAA these days, so I doubt anything much will happen to UGA or to AL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 11:06 AM

NCCA is more crooked than these schools they protect the North Carolina and Duke Basketball Kansas etc guys and they are in bed with the ESPN Sec powerhouse football guys It’s just another example like our National politics The little guy like Ole Miss etc is never at the same table and are made an example of If Georgia or Alabama even get investigated I will come on this site and say I knew nothing and apologize

Mar 8, 2021, 7:54 PM

You speak the truth Moontiger! I hope I'm wrong, and "The Death Penalty" is in play, but if I were in Vegas and there were a betting option, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Mar 8, 2021, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: A week ago I would have laughed at the prospect. ]

They would give Saban a 30 day notice that they had to come and look around bc a whistle blower was pointing a finger at them. And then Saban could get rid of anything that could prove them guilty of any recruiting violations!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you for real?

Mar 8, 2021, 3:24 PM [ in reply to A week ago I would have laughed at the prospect. ]

Is there any way UGA player and coach Kirby Smart could be that much of a dumba$$? It’s too hard to believe.

Mar 8, 2021, 9:19 AM

Maybe the Colorado Buffaloes?

Good option. Maybe we could play GT twice?***

Mar 8, 2021, 9:32 AM

I'd rather play usuck twice. Make up last years game and

Mar 8, 2021, 10:34 AM

make "7" in a row a reality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing uof6c twice would kill Clemson's SOS rating***

Mar 8, 2021, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The great news is, even if uga get's the death penalty...

Mar 8, 2021, 9:28 AM

It won't have any effect on the CFB playoffs.

Re: The great news is, even if uga get's the death penalty...

Mar 8, 2021, 9:31 AM

Clever.***

Mar 8, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to The great news is, even if uga get's the death penalty... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Mar 8, 2021, 9:43 AM

UGA probably won't even get investigated, so why would they get the death penalty???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 9:52 AM

UGA is taking this seriously. In addition to five years probation, they are suspending 15 players for the period between spring practice and summer workouts and also for the 1st half of the 2nd game against Georgia St. I think they went a little overboard but what do I know.

Mar 8, 2021, 10:03 AM

That sounds about right for them.

A good friend of mine works at the NCAA Athens Field Office

Mar 8, 2021, 10:08 AM

and says we might as well schedule weddings for that day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 1:56 PM

prior to our matchup this fall? It might be a good idea for us to start looking for a replacement opponent with a comparable history, like BYU.

Looking to get out of the game already? LOL!

We know What Kirby Did Last Summer.***

Mar 8, 2021, 2:06 PM

My Dawgpost source is now telling me

Mar 8, 2021, 2:23 PM

It looks like UGA is in serious trouble and look for the entire football program to be shut down for “Three to five years,”

This will effectively end Georgia football for 20 years or more.

Very tough times now in Athens

Re: My Dawgpost source is now telling me

Mar 8, 2021, 2:40 PM

Bulldog said:

It looks like UGA is in serious trouble and look for the entire football program to be shut down for “Three to five years,”

This will effectively end Georgia football for 20 years or more.

Very tough times now in Athens

Sounds like this might have happened a couple times since 1980.

I hope that is not the case. Would love to play you all in

Mar 8, 2021, 3:39 PM [ in reply to My Dawgpost source is now telling me ]

August. It'll be a good game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope that is not the case. Would love to play you all in

Mar 8, 2021, 8:50 PM

He’s trolling you dude. Lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Yes...

Mar 8, 2021, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we know if UGA is expected to get the death penalty... ]

We’d prefer to play a fellow blue blood.

Re: Yes...

Mar 8, 2021, 5:29 PM

We’d prefer to play a fellow blue blood.

So you're saying you're a masochist? I mean the last few times you've played a "fellow blue blood" you've been publicly humiliated. Fret not - that should continue this Sept! :)

Re: Yes...

Mar 8, 2021, 7:45 PM

Minnesota would be good

Mar 8, 2021, 2:41 PM

If you're gonna schedule a program that hasn't won a NC since the Ancient Times, at least schedule a program that has more than ONE!

Congerts FM...

Mar 8, 2021, 2:54 PM

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1368949957152104452?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ABoardGeniuses%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmessageboardgeniuses.com%2F

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Don't forget behind the bowl.***

Mar 8, 2021, 3:06 PM

Those too are an embarassment to this site.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's about time for that Wyoming game isn't it?

Mar 8, 2021, 4:08 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 4:39 PM

My sources are telling me that the 5 year probation is happening and it will be even worse than expected: No walk-ons will be able to play in the first half of the Spring games through 2026. Ouch. Harsh penalties headed to Athens.

On a positive note, it could have been worse. They are allowing transfers to play the entire season.

Re: If anyone honestly thinks the NCAA will actually do

Mar 10, 2021, 3:57 PM

something, then they be like this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic