Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else think Brent Venerables talked Mike Jones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Does anyone else think Brent Venerables talked Mike Jones

Jan 25, 2021, 3:32 PM

into transferring just to get more playing time for his own kid? This seems to be a common theme at Clemson under Dabo...nepotism. I have heard through inside sources that Tee Higgins left early last year because he knew he would lose snaps to Dabo's kids. I love that Dabo works hard to get people PT who work hard in practice, but coaches elevating their own kids up the depth charts seems a little extreme. I won't be surprised if we see more transfers because of this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No.***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you need to look closer and reconsider.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:35 PM

It's right there in front of you, just have to read between the lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Then you need to look closer and reconsider.

Jan 25, 2021, 6:28 PM

Lol. People still falling in the GWP trap in 2021!

yes***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

^^^Just proved SaltyDudeCoot wrong***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:37 PM

null

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

she may have been in the bathroom

Jan 25, 2021, 3:42 PM

i say we ask her again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Does anyone else think Brent Venerables talked Mike Jones

Jan 25, 2021, 3:38 PM

Jones had significant playing time so I'm not sure what happened. However, I could see some other players transferring if they continue to sit behind a liability like Jake Venables.

Woah, he is NOT a liability. He's a very solid player.***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:40 PM

Re: Woah, he is NOT a liability. He's a very solid player.***

Jan 25, 2021, 6:00 PM

Jake seem to do pretty well against teams that were not as good as we were. He did not do well against the better teams. As much desire and physical strength etc. he’s really slow and he’s not quick

Whiff***

Jan 25, 2021, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else think Brent Venerables talked Mike Jones ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

These posts putting basketball on a pedestal and

Jan 25, 2021, 3:39 PM

tearing down football are getting old. Support one the way you support the other, the expectations should be the same.

On the bright side, I believe Clay Swinney is a 2022 recruit. Go tigers

Thank you for saying what is on the minds of most true fans..***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By "true fans", obviously you mean

Jan 25, 2021, 3:40 PM

alumni

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Clemson has the best alumni, including Chad Kelly***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:41 PM

mike jones***

Jan 25, 2021, 3:44 PM

These two are NOT alumni,

Jan 25, 2021, 5:42 PM

collectively they are Alumnuses.

Sighhhhhhh . . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: By "true fans", obviously you mean

Jan 25, 2021, 3:44 PM [ in reply to By "true fans", obviously you mean ]

oh boy

Re: By

Jan 25, 2021, 3:46 PM [ in reply to By "true fans", obviously you mean ]

of course I mean alumni.

I thought the debate was long settled on that item.

Only trumped by the rare...

Jan 25, 2021, 3:47 PM

legacy alumni.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I have a coupon for Grey Poupon.

Jan 25, 2021, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I hear that pairs well with a 2016 Bordeaux***

Jan 25, 2021, 4:03 PM

The waiter at Hymans recommended that to me last year.

Jan 25, 2021, 4:08 PM

I thought he was crazy until I dipped my Hawaiian Sweet roll in the glass.

un. be. lievable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

They know their stuff there, it's why the locals love it so

Jan 25, 2021, 4:11 PM

much. If you don't believe me, just look at the yelp reviews.

Charelston just wouldn't be Charleston without Hymans

Jan 25, 2021, 4:19 PM

and the rich tourists.

That's what makes it the glittering jewel city of the South.

Something like this happened to me once...

Jan 25, 2021, 3:44 PM

My dad was the coach of the history team at my middle school and that's how I got to be a reserve on the squad. We made it to regionals that year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Something like this happened to me once...

Jan 25, 2021, 3:50 PM

so, is it true? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor? i was on the home ec sewing squad so my history is way off. way off.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:47 PM

Exactly, the coaches are setting their kids up, I hope this doesn’t get out to the coots we learned from “never again” Bentley!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

GWP

Jan 25, 2021, 3:54 PM

That's Will Ferrell, not me. Although it's not the

Jan 25, 2021, 3:55 PM

first time people have gotten the two of us mixed up.

Both love a good...

Jan 25, 2021, 4:13 PM

Boudreaux.

I had a sooner when I was kid. We named him Boudreaux

Jan 25, 2021, 4:21 PM

just for spite and irony because he wasn't pure bred.

Lol...

Jan 25, 2021, 4:25 PM

That's great.

Jan 25, 2021, 4:04 PM

Are you standing in the rain because you don’t how to get out of it ??

I'm not sure I follow you on that one?***

Mike Jones doesnt play the same position as any of the coaches kids, so I would say "no". Mike Jones is an outside linebacker, and Jake is a middle linebacker.

Probably more related to Trotter, and other talented linebackers we have coming in. But, I do agree that a transfer for a starting player is odd.

Jake can play any position including ILB, OLB,

Jan 25, 2021, 4:06 PM

QB and punter. Just wait...when Jake lines up at OLB against the leghumpers, I will demand an apology.

Re: Jake can play any position including ILB, OLB,

Jan 25, 2021, 4:13 PM

Haha. If Jake lines up at outside linebacker, I will agree that we are in trouble. If Venables was really worried about his sons playing time though, he probably wouldnt have let Skalski come back. That is who is going to steal his playing time.

You might be right though, he could have a real future at punter. Crossing my fingers that he is left footed.

Misspelt Venable..... COOT!***

Jan 25, 2021, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 4:46 PM

That's a pretty unkind thing to say about our coaches. I think their character and desire to win causes them to make the best decisions for our team.

It’s just not funny anymore

Jan 25, 2021, 5:08 PM

Some of the long time posters on here just ruin tnet with these ridiculously unfunny and troll like posts. The mods would be smart to ban most of them and start over.

I liked your older, jokey posts better...

Jan 25, 2021, 5:12 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10314015#10314015

case in point

Jan 25, 2021, 5:19 PM

What is your point?
And please moderators these guys are just not funny and ruin the board for others. And discourage many from being paying members. Please do us all a favor and do something about it.

case in point

Jan 25, 2021, 5:19 PM [ in reply to I liked your older, jokey posts better... ]

What is your point?
And please moderators these guys are just not funny and ruin the board for others. And discourage many from being paying members. Please do us all a favor and do something about it.

So you can make jokes...

Jan 25, 2021, 5:37 PM

but others can’t? Seems fair.

Relax FM - he has a 10 year old. When's the last time you

Jan 25, 2021, 5:48 PM

had a 10 year old offspring ? ? ?

They make you want to move to another country most of the time . . . . and the only hope you have is something like 15 years away. It's a tough stretch right now . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I’m not trying to be funny, I’m being serious

Jan 25, 2021, 7:23 PM [ in reply to It’s just not funny anymore ]

If I was trying to be funny you’d know it because you’d LOL. My jokes never miss, trust me on this one.

lol...

Jan 25, 2021, 7:24 PM

So true.

Jan 25, 2021, 5:21 PM

Only problem is they play a different position...

I know you are TD proof, but you earned one with this post.

Jan 25, 2021, 5:42 PM

Especially with the Tee Higgins part.

Thanks! +1 for the TD***

Jan 25, 2021, 7:19 PM

Jan 25, 2021, 5:49 PM

I have no inside knowledge of playing time for any one. I’m not a coach by any stretch ,but for anyone to suggest Dabo’s boy beating out or getting playing time over Tee Higgins is absurd. I’m sure they have some mop up playing time that someone else could have got. Brent’s son ,in my opinion ,wasn’t gonna beat out Jones either.

Jan 25, 2021, 6:19 PM

GWPTiger® said:

into transferring just to get more playing time for his own kid? This seems to be a common theme at Clemson under Dabo...nepotism. I have heard through inside sources that Tee Higgins left early last year because he knew he would lose snaps to Dabo's kids. I love that Dabo works hard to get people PT who work hard in practice, but coaches elevating their own kids up the depth charts seems a little extreme. I won't be surprised if we see more transfers because of this.

No, they don't play the same position. Tee was not competing for any reps with Will either, although there have been multiple back up's that could have used the snaps to develop over the past three years. No idea what the environment is like on the team - I'm not acquainted with any of the players. When I was in school back in the stone age and asked about coaches kid's on the team it was a sore spot. Same goes for nepotism in any workplace. It has the potential to create a negative environment. Hope that doesn't become the case but geez, Clay S now on the horizon. When will it stop?

That's how you keep earning that IPM Award EVERY month!!!

Jan 25, 2021, 7:26 PM

Geeezzzzzzzzzzz.....

Jan 26, 2021, 12:40 AM

Are you Mack Brown? For some reason, I think you are.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I think Jake plays and practices as hard as anyone

Jan 26, 2021, 12:51 AM

and deserves the playing time he gets. We are fortunate to have BV as our DC and he’s one of the best in the country. We might’ve left JV in a bit too much vs Notre Dame with Skalski out but Jake did strip the ball to save a TD and played hard.
Skalski is just hard to outperform! I still think he got a raw deal on the “targeting” call but that horse is beaten to death now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic