Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fla State is the new Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,968

Fla State is the new Miami

Oct 22, 2020, 12:35 AM

If you think their back ... they're not back.

They had an emotional win at home against an overrated NC team that hasn't learned how to handle success.

Miami can win one every now and then, but it doesn't mean they are that good. It just means that sometimes the emotion happens to be in resonance with the universe at just the right time and they play great. But THEY ARE NOT BACK.

This is what happened Saturday in Tallahassee. For 30 minutes, Florida State looked ... like the old Florida State. It was an accident. The planets aligned, their chakras were in tune, it was freakish. But we all saw that they couldn't maintain it. They scored no 2nd half points and just did enough to keep from losing.

NC showed us they could be overconfident. The moral victory against Clemson last year probably was not helpful as they needed to go to the Doak with a little more humility. Obviously, there is still some talent down there and NC didn't respect it.

My point is - Florida State is not back. The win over #5 (LMFAO) NC was flukish ... deserved, but flukish ... and not representative of a program who has finally figured it out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

At least they looked better for a half?***

Oct 22, 2020, 8:44 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: At least they looked better for a half?***

Oct 22, 2020, 8:51 AM

So, they are halfway there. Give it another 2-3 years and then we can talk about some serious Semihole football again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. Miami is

Oct 22, 2020, 9:02 AM

further down that road than FSU at this point in time. But, from the total dumpster fire that FSU has been the last couple of years, a spark of performance like they showed against North Carolina is at least a benchmark of those first baby steps back towards respectability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fla State is the new Miami

Oct 22, 2020, 9:06 AM

People were saying FSU is back?

Oct 22, 2020, 9:52 AM

I was less impressed with FSU's good during the first half than I was with how hard UNC just kept digging and digging that hole.

UNC tried so many different ways to lose in the 1st half, it almost seemed like it was on purpose.

The only trick UNC didn't show in the 1st half to lose a game was an unimaginable string of dropped passes.

They kept that trick hidden until the right time to assure the loss.

Oct 22, 2020, 10:02 AM

Agree. FSU is not back. I know of no serious FSU fans (guys I talk to who actually understand a little football, not the typical guy who calls into the Finebaum show and starts screaming) who think we are back.

The UNC game gave us some optimism for the future. (Something we were severly lacking after the 1-3 start.)

Maybe, just maybe, Norvell is changing the culture and getting kids to buy into his expectations. (There was noticable improvement, all three phases of the game, in intensity and effort.)

We are probably at least two years away from being in the battle for "second best team in the ACC."

We're not back. But, hopefully we are headed in the right direction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

Nobody is saying "FSU is back".

Next.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,968
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic