Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's skid another for the record books with "uphill" Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson's skid another for the record books with "uphill" Tigers

Jan 24, 2021, 8:01 AM

Clemson's skid another for the record books with "uphill" Tigers

Brad Brownell put his team’s recent struggles perfectly following another lopsided ACC loss Saturday night when he said the Tigers are playing “uphill.” Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few bright stats....

Jan 24, 2021, 8:43 AM

Thanks TNET. I was pretty depressed after watching the game yesterday but seeing some of those stats (free throws, turnovers and boards) makes me feel better about how we played them compared to the first game with one critical exception - shooting. You could tell they never quit but “ uphill” is an apt description. Hard to win a basketball game shooting that poorly.

They will recover!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few bright stats....

Jan 24, 2021, 8:48 AM

We were outrebounded yesterday by 9 and in the 1st game won the rebound count by 14. There is nothing encouraging about that. The media tells you what they want you to hear.

Re: TNET: Clemson's skid another for the record books with "uphill" Tigers

Jan 24, 2021, 8:45 AM

My only issue with this interview is Coach B saying the team is not good enough to get into a scoring match. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that but this same team beat FSU when we shot the ball better, outrebounded FSU and won the turnover battle. Effort equals success.

Yes, I am convinced ...

Jan 24, 2021, 10:04 AM

That the KEY in basketball is: You have to score more points than the other team else, all other stats are moot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 12:03 PM

I like to compare it to the coots "cycling -in"( in football)
Every year ,about this time, our basketball team begins it's "uphill" climb.

For TNetters who follow the hoops team ...

Jan 24, 2021, 2:09 PM

Is it as simple as a far better team (UVA) completely breaking the team's confidence and then going on the road for two games? Was the early start a mirage? Does Tiger Basketball have some key injuries? Has Brownell coaching been a factor or non-factor in the fast start and current skid? TIA ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Captain Obvious is a doofus

Jan 24, 2021, 2:15 PM

What a DA this guy is...he has been here 11 years and still hasn't implemented an offense with any set plays to take advantage of the athletic skills of his players. Nobody on this team is capable of creating their own shot, but they never help each other with screens or cuts. They have 2 guys capable of hitting 3-pointers on occasion (Hemenway & Tyson), but they miss one and hit sits them while the rest of the team shoots about 20% from the floor with very few attempts inside the arc. Why he doesn't give Kidd and Hall more playing time is a mistake IMO and Simms is killing us by trying to show the NBA that he is a perimeter player. Finally, NOBODY on this team has shown the personal pride to lock down someone on defense from the perimeter to the paint-PERIOD.

CAN A COACH ENTER THE TRANSFER PORTAL???

Re: Captain Obvious is a doofus

Jan 25, 2021, 9:54 AM

EXCATLY!! The half court "offense" is based on trying to beat somebody off the dribble and kick it out for the 3 pointer if that doesn't work. Most of our shots are fade away 3's with a defender all over the shooter. It is a given that we will never out recruit Duke or UNC, we need a solid X's & O's coach.

OH my...Mrs. Judge Brownell is not going to like that

Jan 25, 2021, 7:27 PM

She thinks CBB taught X-O theory to Mr. Naismith

Jan 24, 2021, 2:39 PM

Tigers playing like coach scared of their shadows

It’s a skid mark alright.....***

Jan 24, 2021, 3:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s a skid mark alright.....***

Jan 24, 2021, 4:03 PM

The reason we had 22 points at the line is because we kept trying to go inside and either got fouled or stuffed. I guess that counts for points in the paint !? Don't understand staying with an unsuccessful tactic

Muschamp’s go-to answer was also ‘we’ll go watch the tape’

Jan 24, 2021, 10:52 PM

Don’t be a Muschamp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic