Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This can't, can't - CANNOT happen!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

This can't, can't - CANNOT happen!

Oct 25, 2020, 3:13 PM

Sure, Clemson winning the ACC Championship again is the most important thing regarding the conference in 2020.

But whatever happens, it's up to CU, UNC, Miami or whomever to make certain one other main thing: IF the other team in the ACCCG is Notre Dame, then CU, UNC (whoever) MUST beat the Irish!

ND cannot be allowed to drift in here during this one-off year and win the ACC. That would be a disaster. Can't you hear what would be said? "ND proved the ACC is a 3rd-rate conference - Clemson and a few others notwithstanding. When a real 'blueblood' like ND swooped in for a year, just for fun, it exposed the ACC for the pretender it is. It proved what superior pedigree football is about - and it isn't Dabo, FSU, UNC or Miami. Sorry fellas. And N.Dame's reward? Well, a spot in the playoffs - and - its one and only ACC Trophy - EVER! That's right. The Irish just dropped by during a crazy year to do a bit of slumming. They won't be back because sometimes - once is enough."

Really ya'll - of all the bad things that have or could happen in 2020 - ND "dropping in" to pick up an ACC Football Trophy would be a terrible thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This can't, can't - CANNOT happen!

Oct 25, 2020, 3:19 PM

That’s not what “would be said.” That’s what’s actually been said by ND fans. They fully expect to come into the ACC for one year, win it, then leave.

They also expected to beat us the last couple of times they’ve played us too. I’m not too worried about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 25, 2020, 3:19 PM

Which is why Swofford need to tell the Irish they are either "All-In" or "Leaving town on that Midnight train.

Oct 25, 2020, 3:21 PM

To Georgia?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 25, 2020, 3:46 PM

I vote no to Georgia.

Oct 25, 2020, 8:45 PM

Who?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To Georgia?

Oct 25, 2020, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This can't, can't - CANNOT happen! ]

The midnight train going anywhere

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Oct 25, 2020, 3:21 PM

Let me know when ND beats Clemson, then I’ll worry.

Oct 25, 2020, 3:29 PM

Clemson "may" lose a close one in South Bend (although I doubt it). I think there's a slightly higher than 0% chance ND beats Clemson in an ACCCG. As I correctly said 2 years ago when I saw the semi-final matchup, "bye week"

We need to concern ourselves

Oct 25, 2020, 3:55 PM

With the way the Tigers are playing and not get to wrapped up in the Irish right now. Need to get some guys healthy and back in the lineup as quickly as we can. Right now Boston College is at the forefront.

Re: We need to concern ourselves

Oct 25, 2020, 7:59 PM

I agree 100 %.

Oct 25, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: This can't, can't - CANNOT happen! ]

Booker can't complete a pass with consistency other than to a TE or WR crossing the middle about 8 yards from the line of scrimmage. Tigers got this! GO TIGERS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 3:48 PM

The odds are very very high Clemson will win the ACC (we are by far the best team).
Taking in N.D. was dumb.
If they won the championship game it would be a permanent scar on the conference.
It also gave them a doorway to avoid permanently joining a conference, which they should do, but not the acc. If they make it to the conference championship game (or even come close, which they probably will) it makes the conference look weak.

The SEC East got that treatment when Missouri came in

Oct 25, 2020, 7:35 PM

after being a punching bag in the Big 12 and winning the SEC East in its 2nd year in the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1-5,1-4,1-4,2-4 is the conf record of ND ACC opponents

Oct 25, 2020, 8:06 PM

and they beat 1-5 usf too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 10:37 PM

The ACC commissioner should have either told ND you are in or you out. No riding on the fence. ND should never have been able to set their own terms. ND??????

Oct 25, 2020, 10:47 PM

Brian Kelly at ND has a 27.2% winning percentage against top ten teams...

Sure he’s won a lot of games but not against the best teams ...

Tigers will bring championship level execution and focus to South Bend ...

I know folks are freaked out because we “only” beat Syracuse by 26 ..but we had three defensive starters out ...Skalski is a coach on the field out there...his absence is significant..

Oct 25, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: This can't, can't - CANNOT happen! ]

Brian Kelly at ND has a 27.2% winning percentage against top ten teams...

Sure he’s won a lot of games but not against the best teams ...

Tigers will bring championship level execution and focus to South Bend ...

I know folks are freaked out because we “only” beat Syracuse by 26 ..but we had three defensive starters out ...Skalski is a coach on the field out there...his absence is significant..

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic