Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What home game is the loudest you've been at, home or away?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

What home game is the loudest you've been at, home or away?

Oct 21, 2020, 10:52 PM

The loudest death valley got for me was 2011 FSU. SO loud, especially on the last possession when clint trickett had to convert a 4th and long. Rennie Moore sacked him and it literally sounded like upstate SC was shifting into freakin California (i know, geologically impossible but it sounded like it was possible during that game). Close 2nd for me was 2014 Louisville home game after bobby petrino said the week leading up that Syracuse was louder than what DV will be this upcoming week. Boy was he wrong. I was in the lower deck and as Antonio Cromartie said, the sidlines were literally vibrating (although it was a different game) https://youtu.be/GKc9spJ-Kvs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson vs UGA 1983

Oct 21, 2020, 11:02 PM

A low scoring tie 16-16. It was just louder in those days. And larger attendance with more seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs UGA 1983

Oct 21, 2020, 11:10 PM

I understand regulations on attendance weren't closely monitored like they were nowadays (pre covid of course) but there is no way the stadium was louder than the 2011 fsu game. I was seriously concerned when the upper deck started shaking that we were going to collapse. No way that went on during the 80's because they would of fixed that problem somewhere in between then. Dude the upper decks were literally swaying back and fourth....someone confirm this for me please.

Re: Clemson vs UGA 1983

Oct 22, 2020, 5:19 AM

1981 UGA was loud too. The younger fans have no idea what those UGA games were like. Yes we had the decks swaying back then too. I have no idea how many people were let in without tickets. All I know is the seat backs were not on then and people were packed. Keep in mind younger fans, the decks were built for us.

Not sure....

Oct 21, 2020, 11:07 PM

2011 FSU or
2016 Louisville

I think I lost some of my hearing on those 2 days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Norte Dame 1977 and Miami 2005

Oct 21, 2020, 11:10 PM

The most impressive thing about Norte Dame is there were 53-55 k in the Stadium. It was unreal.

Re: What home game is the loudest you've been at, home or away?

Oct 21, 2020, 11:39 PM

FSU was probably there with the best when Mcdaniels knocked FSU QB out the game at home!!! UGA loudest away game, hands down for me. We beat a ranked UGA team in the mid 80's by a FG I think!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Home game, home or away? I think home games should

Oct 22, 2020, 12:02 AM

only take place at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 22, 2020, 12:50 AM

Any Georgia game in the 80s, '74 UNC @ Clemson, and '83 Maryland @ Clemson balloon game.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:38 AM

Home 2005Miami. That was on another level

@ Uga vs Clemson
I believe 2002 once de Dawgs smelled victory
It was extreme

Oct 22, 2020, 7:12 AM

Miami 2005 and Georgia away

Oct 22, 2020, 1:33 AM

The 2005 Miami game was much louder than FSU 2011. Also I've heard about the Notre Dame game in late 70s being the loudest even though that was before the south upper deck was built

Oct 22, 2020, 6:29 AM

UGA in 2013 or Louisville in 2016 have been my loudest experiences. However, Tampa was an exciting one too(;

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 6:30 AM

Miami 05

Oct 22, 2020, 6:39 AM
Noise.jpg(131.6 K)

Notre Dame 2015 in the flood was pretty loud, but 2011 FSU was probably louder. Pickens County earth quake that day when Moore got the sack.

Moore Gets The Sack in 2011

Oct 22, 2020, 6:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEaxVMVDHNc

Notre Dame 2015...

Oct 22, 2020, 6:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAUyLqMzlw

Miami Have Have It in 2005

Oct 22, 2020, 6:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJwiOjt9fE

Miami 05***

Oct 22, 2020, 7:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Miami at home. NC State back in the 80's on the road. We got

Oct 22, 2020, 7:22 AM

2 opr 3 penalties for excessive crowd noise. Yes, youngsters, the visiting team was penalized for being too loud, I kid you not.

You sound young. This is the loudest Death Valley has ever

Oct 22, 2020, 7:51 AM

Been. There have been louder games overall but this is the loudest play and defensive series.

https://youtu.be/XaJwiOjt9fE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to believe it got louder after the tackles.

Oct 22, 2020, 8:02 AM

That may be the only time I couldn’t hear myself yelling. It was unbelievable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Only time my ears have actually hurt.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:02 AM

The sack is one of the loudest moments in sports history in the US. I think some indoor arenas have matched or beat it. You could actually hear 80,000+ voices collectively crack from yelling too loud. But outdoors, there are only a few. KC Chiefs and maybe Oregon. Even more amazing is we did that without any alcohol being sold in the stadium. Only socks full of minibottles :)

Some of the UGA games in the 80's, and FSU games have been louder overall. But that one series with Miami still is a step above all others in the level of noise. Even if only for three defensive plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the 2011 FSU game. No upper decks,

Oct 22, 2020, 7:58 AM

but the 1977 Notre Dame game is right there as well.

Miami in 05 was the single loudest moment I have heard.

Oct 22, 2020, 8:30 AM

It was loud the entire game but that 4th quarter was L O U D!! And the sack by Bennett..well you felt it in your chest.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 22, 2020, 8:33 AM

1) Miami 2005 2) Georgia 1981 3) Notre Dame 1977 4) FSU 2011 5) Louisville 2016... I was at all... So many other games were crazy loud. Constant noise for the entire game should be considered. Especially when the Tigers were on defense.

Three immediately come to mind...

Oct 22, 2020, 8:51 AM

77 - Notre Dame (before the day of upper decks)

05 - Miami

09 - The FSU "We will Rock You" game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Miami 05 and Louisville 16

Oct 22, 2020, 8:58 AM

Miami had the loudest at it's peak during the final defensive stop; Louisville was the loudest game that consistent for the entire game

Most of them involve pre-meltdown FSU

Oct 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

FSU and Auburn in 2011 were crazy. I could barely talk after those. I also pity whoever was standing in front of me in the band! I can yell, but my baritone yelled a LOT louder.

As for road, I'd say one of the good FSU games or Texas A&M. Both places because of the unity of their cheering. It's easy to roll your eyes at the war chant, but hearing every single person in a packed stadium do it is pretty darn impressive. I still hate it though, and I never chop at Braves games because FSU's band recorded what they play lol. A&M's yell leaders are really, really, REALLY weird, but they do get everyone hollerin' in unison something fierce. I was impressed.

Neither one of mine would make most people's lists.

Oct 22, 2020, 9:10 AM

Due to both my kids sadly not taking much of an interest in football at all, much less Clemson football, I have not attended a whole raft of games in recent years.

My loudest home game, which is also my fondest home game memory, is "We Will Rock You" FSU '09.

My ONLY away games were a trip to Booby Dodd back when I was there, and several trips to Cootlumbia to the Roach for our games against them.

Sadly, my loudest away game for us was the 1975 debacle at the Roach. It was a noon or thereabouts start, and with the way the game went, those Coots were shouting themselves into delirium, with the sound reverberating off of that artificial carpet that was the playing surface at the time. I'm talking the very first generation of artificial turf, which made no effort to look like grass. 56-20 bad guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami 2005 and Looserville 2016

Oct 22, 2020, 9:34 AM

Away games don't count, IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Don't remember the year now but the time we lost to.......

Oct 22, 2020, 9:35 AM

FSU late in the game at night when Charlie Ward was their QB. Man, it was LOUD!!

Oct 22, 2020, 9:46 AM

The loudest moment is documented and it was during the '05 Miami game.

The loudest game, average crowd noise start to finish, I have attended is probably '13 UGA.

Some of the games I feel are close to '05 Miami in terms of short-lived eruptions:

'15 Notre Dame 2 pt stop, '14 Louisville goal line stop to end the game, several moments during '06 GA Tech, We Will Rock You vs FSU '09, INT vs Auburn '11. Possibly a few others I am forgetting.

On a gloomier note, FSU '13 was ridiculously loud and electric pregame. That's the loudest I've ever heard the stadium as the fans waited for the team and as the team ran down The Hill.

Unfortunately I did not attend Louisville '16 game but on a personal note. I was loud enough after the 4th down stop to wake up my sleeping baby. I don't remember what my wife said to me ( I didn't care at the time), but it wasn't nice!

1925 vs Auburn

Oct 22, 2020, 10:31 AM

The sockdolager that day was intense. The hellcats in the stands were the bees knees ...and gave everything they could. Sadly clemson lost that day .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 22, 2020, 11:36 AM

Absolutely the FSU puntrooski game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic