Topic: Wisconsin may have finally found a QB
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 24, 2020 12:04 PM by: TigersAndCubs®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Wisconsin may have finally found a QB

[1]
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 7:36 AM

RS FR and former top 100 recruit Graham Mertz was 20-21 for 248 yards last night in his first career start.

I know it was only against Illinois but, outside of that one year with Russell Wilson, when was the last time Wisconsin had a QB that could complete 20 of 21 passes in warmups, much less in a real game with defenders?

I still don't think they seriously challenge Ohio State for the Big Ten this year, but Wisconsin with a legit QB would be like Happy Gilmore learning how to putt.

2020 white level member

Re: Wisconsin may have finally found a QB

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 8:16 AM

I watched a lot of the game. He is a good young QB. Some SEC and ACC teams could use him. I think they will be playing for the BIG championship vs 31-0H4-0 but like you said won’t win that game.

Mertz is legit! Their best QB since Wilson

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 11:13 AM

Despite the hype, his accuracy and poise exceeded expectations.

The only problem is they may not have their normal stud RB this year. Also was hard to gauge their secondary last night.

For some reason, I enjoy following their program. They do it right like Clemson, just at a lower level.

Yep their running game doesn't look as potent as

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 12:04 PM

usual. They are usually next man up at RB but I didn't see any Jonathan Taylor, Melvin Gordon, etc talents there last night.

2020 white level member

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
701 people have read this post