Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s amazing to me just how little buzz there is about...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

It’s amazing to me just how little buzz there is about...

Jan 11, 2021, 1:57 PM

tonight’s national championship game. I think the fact that experts feel OSU should not be there and the fact that college football fans are not getting another clash of football titans in Alabama and Clemson, has led to this phenomenon.

And for the record, I know for a fact Clemson and Alabama would have declined an invitation to the playoff if either had only won 6 games. Finally, I feel sorry for Alabama and Nick Saban. Real competitors don’t want to win a title this way, they want to win by beating the best, not by beating an average team that had the rules changed twice to sneak in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's pretty quite for sure around this game

Jan 11, 2021, 2:05 PM

I had a Bama friend pick up tickets are the last minute and fly down today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's good. I'm glad someone from a knowledgeable/blueblood

Jan 11, 2021, 2:12 PM

fanbase was able to take advantage of this disaster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Most people realize this is an exhibition match-up

Jan 11, 2021, 2:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcers for this game spend a good chunk of time talking about Clemson basketball; it might keep ratings from tanking too bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure what you're smoking.....

Jan 11, 2021, 2:19 PM

but every network and every talk show is nothing but Bama/OSU today.... I was just thinking it'd be nice to find a sports show NOT talking about it...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

That's my point...

Jan 11, 2021, 2:22 PM

The game is tonight, and the talk shows are just starting to discuss it. It's like the game is an afterthought.

What game?

Jan 11, 2021, 6:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Haha...

Jan 11, 2021, 7:33 PM

Even this coot gets it!

Re: It’s amazing to me just how little buzz there is about...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:00 PM

What Ohio St was better than us.They proved that they helong

That's not the narrative I'm hearing from the pundits...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:08 PM

And in this case, I think they're right.

it is a slap in the face to the sport

Jan 11, 2021, 3:06 PM

I'd be shocked if coach Saban was smiling tonight.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's tonight?!?

Jan 11, 2021, 3:29 PM

Are you sure?

Tonight is supposed to be The Bachelor night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I would not be surprised if The Bachelor...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:43 PM

had better ratings.

Re: I would not be surprised if The Bachelor...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:46 PM

Mondays I usually watch Lassie's Rescue Rangers on Hulu.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 7:38 PM

I’m sure you love watching old television shows and old cartoons so you can pick out every little hint of racism or sexism or whatever other -ism people like you are railing about on that particular day!

Jan 12, 2021, 7:15 AM

You're sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It certainly will in my house.***

Jan 11, 2021, 3:57 PM [ in reply to I would not be surprised if The Bachelor... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Guess you missed the 3 week force feeding...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:49 PM

Nat'l sports media gorged fans daily w/ a fabricated narrative with this theme: "everyone is sick of Alabama & Clemson every year, public yearns to see middling teams showcase their minimal talent, demand expansion, expand asap!"-

Re: Guess you missed the 3 week force feeding...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:56 PM

Actually, what ESPN was saying is that everyone is sick of seeing Alabama play Clemson every year.
What they want is to see Alabama play someone different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Guess you missed the 3 week force feeding...

Jan 11, 2021, 4:08 PM

Or, they did not want to see 'Bammer take another butt kicking from Clemson.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:07 PM

NFL dominated the news over the weekend.

I can't decide who to pull for tonight

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 6:11 PM

Did I miss something or didn't OSU just drop 639 yards on the Tigers? Certainly complete domination and if I am not mistaken the greatest # of yards allowed by a Clemson team eclipsing the 628 that was dropped by LSU last year. I don't see Justin Fields repeating his performance but certainly we have the best 2 teams in the final this year.

Lol...

Jan 11, 2021, 6:47 PM

Fields is broken after 7 games. 7. Broken so badly that OSU tried to postpone the National Championship game. Imagine what would have happened to OSU if they had to play a full schedule. I’m not sure they would have enough healthy players to field a team.

Jan 11, 2021, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s amazing to me just how little buzz there is about... ]

No one really knows if Ohio is really better,Clemson with their 3 receivers being out and OSU playing only half a season. Now they were the better team on the field that night but every dog has its day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic