Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A weird day yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,485

A weird day yesterday

Oct 9, 2020, 10:06 AM

Went for a CT Scan for diverticulitis and thought everything was good. Went home, got the golf clubs and while playing, Doctor called and told me to get to the hospital immediately as I had appendicitis. 72 year olds don't normally get this junk. Took me by total surprise, so they did the surgery late yesterday and i feel fine. Hoping to go home soon. The doctor called back while I was on the way to the hospital and said I do have diverticulitis. Changed my diet in one clean swoop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at dinner and wasn't hungry. I had done a 10K run

Oct 9, 2020, 10:23 AM

that a.m. and thought maybe I was just tired. But I also felt like I had a bit of trapped gas.

My wife insisted that me not having an appetite was strange enough to warrant a trip to the emergency room. Turned out I had an appendicitis. Never was in any actual pain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I was at dinner and wasn't hungry. I had done a 10K run

Oct 9, 2020, 10:25 AM

I had minimal amount so I didn't think anything about it. My wife is the one that insisted on me going to the doctor Tuesday.

wishing you a speedy and full recovery!! Enjoy the game

Oct 9, 2020, 10:25 AM

tomorrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A weird day yesterday

Oct 9, 2020, 10:28 AM

Glad your doctor caught it and you're OK.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 9, 2020, 10:34 AM

Glad you are doing well. And, I hope you have a quick recovery.

A little related ... back in 2009 I had bilateral hernia surgery. I had just started Week 2 of recovery. Of course, I was parked in front of the TV to watch Clemson play Miami. If you remember, that was the overtime game where Kyle Parker hit Jacoby Ford for the winning TD. I remember almost jumping up and down but quickly stopping myself. That made my recovery better.

All that to say, be careful in your recovery, and let's get a win over Miami again!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 9, 2020, 10:41 AM

What kind of round were you having on the course? Hope it wasn't a personal best. But I'm thinking a hole-in-one was coming your way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 10:56 AM

Was playing my usual 79-82 game at that point. So it was going well. And no, I don't play from the forward tees in case someone ask. Play from the middle set. I will be a-ok. Will be cheering hard for that Tiger victory. Looking at a 42-10 Tiger win.

Oct 9, 2020, 11:38 AM

Not too shabby, I'll play you straight up, over the next two weeks, but after that, I'm going to need a few strokes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad it turned out ok, here's hoping you are out whacking

Oct 9, 2020, 11:10 AM

golf eggs again real soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real question is did you get a refund on golf!***

Oct 9, 2020, 11:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 12:53 PM

Hope you have a speedy recovery and back on the golf course real soon to whack that dimpled pellet. Added warning. You senior citizens should check with your doctor regularly and learn to take orders from your wife.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 1:11 PM

Years ago I knew that I had married the "right" girl...I just didn't know her first name was ALWAYS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2020, 1:48 AM

Truly hope everything will be just fine for you, prayer sent up in your behalf, God is good. And he sends us warnings if we pay attention to what our body is telling us bc, God made us that way so we can live a long life even when Satan is attacking us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,485
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic