Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trees fell on the house today
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,001

Trees fell on the house today

May 8, 2024, 9:28 PM

Knocking holes in the roof above the master bedroom and allowing water inside. Quite a mess to discover when we got home this evening. It was one of the worst storms I’ve ever witnessed today in Gaston County. Power out essentially county wide. Could have been worse. Not everyone survived. At least 1 dead and one injured when tree fell on a car and 1 struck by lightening. Following the Christian music theme, “I will praise You in the storm”.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear that. My house is surrounded by large trees and...

May 8, 2024, 9:34 PM

...I clench up a bit every time a big storm rolls through here in the upstate. Hope you can get it repaired quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Very sorry to hear that. My house is surrounded by large trees and...

May 9, 2024, 5:47 AM

I've mentioned on here before how terrified I am of bad storms, and I believe that it comes from when a Tornado ripped through our property when I was 8 or 9 years old. Bad storms and snakes are about the only things on this earth that I truly fear. When I bought my house and property where I've been living for 22 years now. But once all the paperwork was done and my loan was approved, before me and my wife moved in, I took my chainsaw and I cut every tree that was big enough to damage anything in the yard, or any that could hit my house if a storm blew in down.

If all that didn't make me feel safe, I had a friend of mine to bring his backhoe over to dig a hole in my backyard big enough to put one of those 800 gallon totes that I framed in with treaded lumber, we pulled it in the hole with about 6 inches of sticking out the hole and backfilled it in. I put a 5 gallon a minute water pump at the bottom, then I put a later in the tote so we can get in, then I put a pretty good sealed door on top. If the weather man says we have tornado warning in my area, we take our weather radio and in that tote we go until there is no more threat. Like I said, I'm absolutely terrified of bad storms and tornado's. The tote don't have that much room inside for more than two lawn chairs, a few gallon of water, and we'll take a snack with us whenever we feel we should get in our safe place. After 10 years of being in the ground, the sealer we put on the outside walls must still be working really good bc the walls still feel really solid when I check them out, but I do have two 2X4's cut to length for extra bracing just in case, I have them laying down on the floor to keep us from bumping our heads on them until they're ever needed.

The way that storms seem to be getting worse than they were years ago, if I was young enough to have a house built, it would be built with a storm safe cellar in it, and that's what I would advise young people that are having a house built to do, have a storm safe cellar added in with your build. The extra money is well worth saving you and your family. I would rather have it and never need it, than need it and don't have it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trees fell on the house today

May 8, 2024, 9:43 PM

🙏

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

May 8, 2024, 10:10 PM

More on the way tonight- hoping no more damage your way - my relatives are just a few miles away from you but we are all in the path for the next few hours

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay safe

May 8, 2024, 10:28 PM

And be well.

GT

May 8, 2024, 10:35 PM

I know that was a frightening experience but I'm thankful that you and your family are safe. Prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 10:40 PM

Sorry to learn about your house. Can't imagine having to recover from such a severe situation. Will pray you'll be able to do so as soon as possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

May 8, 2024, 10:48 PM

Glad you are OK.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 8, 2024, 11:29 PM

Storm damage is a kick in the pants. It happens so quickly. Prayers you will make a swift recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2024, 12:43 AM

So sorry your having to deal with this situation.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

So sorry about your house, but glad you are safe.***

May 9, 2024, 12:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 9, 2024, 3:25 AM

Glad y'all are OK, I know what you're going through, my house caught a tree last year except I was home, it sounded very much like an explosion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trees and gravity and hot blondes

May 9, 2024, 3:37 AM

Keep your humility...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKLcfn20KYs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am very sorry to hear this.

May 9, 2024, 5:41 AM

Praying for you and your family. Hope you can get your home repaired soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Stay safe. More storms this morning in the area.***

May 9, 2024, 7:11 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

May 9, 2024, 8:09 AM

Praising God that you are safe. The house will be repaired but the family being safe is what is important.

May 9, 2024, 8:28 AM

Receive my prayers for you, your family and all those in Gaston Co.

May 9, 2024, 9:23 AM

So sorry for you. I've often wondered what would I do it a tree fell on my house.
What did/will you do to get someone to help and limit the damage, then repair.
I'd like to have someone I can count on, but all the builders are so busy.
TOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2024, 9:36 AM

Glad you are safe, hope you build it back much better than before!

When the going gets tough Tigers get tougher!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 9, 2024, 9:40 AM

Sorry to hear about that, make sure to get on the insurance ASAP, they will be dealign with a lot of folk

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that - hang in there***

May 9, 2024, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,001
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic