Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to Belichek speak is like taking a dose
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 601

Listening to Belichek speak is like taking a dose

Apr 26, 2024, 8:50 AM

of Ambien and then topping it off with a bottle of Sominex and Melatonin. I don't see how he kept players awake in meetings for 30+ years. It is becoming more and more apparent that Tom Brady was his meal ticket and not his own coaching prowess. Nevertheless, he will be a hall of Fame coach and with all those Super Bowl trophies, deservedly so.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to Belichek speak is like taking a dose

Apr 26, 2024, 9:31 AM

Kinda corrected yourself in the end. Was it Dabo or Lawrence and Watson? It’s having the foresight and ability to bring those players in. I’d argue it was also Belichick’s defense that won many of those championships. When Brady and Bill lost (in superbowl) it was against elite defenses that didn’t give Tom time to breathe. It all starts with the quarterbacks and ends with the defense. One without the other can’t win it all.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to Belichek speak is like taking a dose

Apr 26, 2024, 10:06 AM

You nailed it. No matter how elite the HC is, it's hard to win championships with average QB play.

Belichek is/was a great coach, but if he didn't have Tom Brady playing QB there's no way he wins all those super bowls.

It was a win-win for both of them.

(Think Dan Marino and the Dolphins, they always had ho-hum defenses and he never won a SB. He's one of the 3 best QB's I've ever seen play the game...Brady, Montana, Marino are my top 3)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 601
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic