Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does new schedule lower Covid risks?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,153

How does new schedule lower Covid risks?

Jul 29, 2020, 7:32 PM

Seems that all teams are still traveling some long distances. Not sure how this model is any safer than just playing a normal schedule.

The only sense of 2020 is nonsense. #Covid1984

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does new schedule lower Covid risks?

Jul 29, 2020, 7:51 PM

I dont disagree but I doubt it will become an issue. I appreciate the ACC's work but this is window dressing. It is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as far as this season is concerned. I dodnt think it will be played

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but hey, it gives TNET some much needed fodder...

Jul 29, 2020, 7:57 PM

lower the life boats and let's play!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure it will.be played with fans

Jul 29, 2020, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: How does new schedule lower Covid risks? ]

But I think itll happen.

The schedule change does nothing to decrease risk for players, but I agree with moving forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 29, 2020, 8:04 PM

My exact question from an earlier post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 8:35 PM

Power 5 teams have the resources and money to test and take precautions that teams like Wofford, Akron, and the citadel don’t. Look at Oklahoma for example, they’re playing a group of 5 team in the first game and paying for the other teams’ testing themselves. I heard it cost like $10K every time Clemson runs a round of testing for the football team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I understand the original post....

Jul 29, 2020, 8:59 PM

I do think this is the answer.

I am still not exactly sure how much this might help...but I am excited for football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: How does new schedule lower Covid risks? ]

Makes sense. Appreciate the answer. Hope it keeps everyone safe and away from this menace. And definitely hoping for a full season of football. It would do us all some good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 9:16 PM

I wondered the same thing. It seems to me this is sort of like union busting. It breaks the schedule for a year and leaves the door open to do the same for future years. Long term schedules may be something of the past.

Jul 29, 2020, 9:17 PM

I believe it is just so the conference has control of app protocols and what not. Of course it is all dumb to me but hey it is better than nothing and kind of exciting in a way. Gonna be weird watching without fans tho.

It hardly does. (Fewer games of course do)

Jul 29, 2020, 9:34 PM

But the main thing was to insulate itself from conferences who cancelled all OOC games.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,153
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic