Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Day Yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Great Day Yesterday

Aug 8, 2019, 1:04 PM

Yesterday was a great day. One of my grandsons had made arrangements through Tracy Swinney to attend yesterday's Tiger practice. So, me, my son-in-law and grandson made our way over to the indoor practice facility where it all began. One of the first persons we met was Jeff Duncan, our district US Congressman for a short "howdy do". The guys were limbering up and doing some one-on-one blocking and other stuff that made my old body feel their pain. Met a couple of the Kelly brothers who played during the '60's and '70's and we chatted throughout the afternoon about the "old days".

Tracy Swinney ushered us about and then we ran into Don Munson and chatted all during the practice. After completing the indoor session, the players moved to the outdoor field where the real head knocking took place. Joe Bostic's son came over and we chatted for quite awhile. He brought me a chair and a bottle of water. A couple of the players saw the WW2 Veteran cap I was wearing and came over to thank me for my service. Toward the end of the practice, Dabo came over and gave me a special greeting.

Now, with all of the preliminaries out of the way, I know you guys and gals are more interested in what we have wearing Tiger uniforms. First , let me confirm what you already know, this team has some serious talent. Lawrence is Lawrence, Brice is still Brice and P..... needs a bit more practice but he is coming along. A lot of my view was blocked by players standing on the sideline and with so many players moving in and off the field, an amateur, such as me, is not capable of determining the finer points in a practice situation. Our two freshmen WRs, Ngata and Ladson are awesome. We already know about Ross and Higgins. Overton and Powell both looked good.

Dukes is going to be better than I had imagined. Etn is still No. 1 RB but Dixon is going to get his carries, he has a high speed gear. I was busy talking and my view was blocked so I missed seeing a play where there was a little extra physical activity. The scrimmage was stopped and the entire D had to do push-ups. My grandson gave me an update on that extra bit of excitement. One thing I saw in the scrimmage was our DB's challenging the WRs at the line of scrimmage. For the most part our DBs have the size, strength and speed to be a strong unit. They still need to work on their technique there was several calls for pass interference.

The O & D lines? The size and talent is there but most of the time my view was blocked so I did not have an opportunity to really see them in action. I am definitely not capable of giving a valid opinion of the finer points of the players but I try not to put tool much orange tint in my glasses. With that in mind I believe it's going to be a fun year for all Tiger fans. And another amazing fact, many of the best players on this team are sophomores and freshmen. With another amazing class coming in next year, just imagine what the future holds for Tiger fans.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great Day Yesterday

Aug 8, 2019, 1:07 PM

Joe thanks for your service and your posts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did any of our players look tired ?

Aug 8, 2019, 1:37 PM

We would want to head that problem off before it gets out of control.

Look what it did to Bama last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did any of our players look tired ?

Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

It was hot out there. I was in the shade and it was hot. When the guys were running in and out. those coming to the sidelines were breathing and sweating heavily. They will be operating in a little cooler weather when they crush those tired red-headed Alabama elephants next January. This was their first day in pads and the temperature was in the 90's, not ideal conditions but they should be in good shape during the early season when the weather is hot.

I forgot to mention there was a large number of players with green and yellow jackets. Jake Venables was among the group.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did any of our players look tired ?

Aug 8, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Did any of our players look tired ? ]

Excellent point! Perhaps we can expand the nap room.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 2:53 PM

Thank you for your service and your post

The best is yet to come, Joe Joe.***

Aug 8, 2019, 4:06 PM

Aug 8, 2019, 4:22 PM

With the red carpet treatment you got, we may have another 2nd level violation to report.

Sounds like an awesome visit, and thanks for the post. To you and all our vets, thanks for your service. We appreciate it everyday.

Aug 8, 2019, 5:45 PM

Thanks for sharing

Hey JOE, next time take your 3 ft high folding kitchen ladder and drink some liquid

Aug 8, 2019, 6:22 PM

Serutan...spelled backwards is Natures!

Did i get that right? LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us an update. It does sound like a great day.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 9, 2019, 2:01 PM

If you can get me into tomorrow’s practice I’ll carry you on my shoulders.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic