Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay--I'm not looking to get banned, but Mickey Plyler is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Okay--I'm not looking to get banned, but Mickey Plyler is

Aug 10, 2007, 9:37 PM

way out of bounds. I tried posting this as a reply to Mickey's blog and couldn't, so I'm posting it here instead. I'm not just starting this as a simple "flame Mickey" thread (although we all know how much fun those can be)--I'm posting this because I'm tired of his crap, and I consider this to be Clemson related.

For him to say that Koenning threw Herring under the bus is WRONG. Anybody that listened to that interview knew that Koenning was merely pointing out that he and Coach Herring have similar approaches.

This is what I WOULD'VE posted as direct response to Mickey if I could have:

Mickey--I would like you to explain to myself and to other Tiger fans just what you meant by the statement, "I was also surprised he (Koenning) named a former defensive coordinator at Clemson in the interview and threw him under the bus." At what point did Koenning do this? Yes, he did mention Reggie Herring by name, but he was merely comparing their similar approaches to coaching--that you don't try and "fit a square peg into a round hole." In other words, Koenning said that he and Herring followed the coaching philosophy that you adjust your system to your personnel rather than trying to cram your personnel into your system.

For you to imply (actually, you outright said this) that Koenning threw another Clemson coach "under the bus" is irresponsible, and it shows just how far you'll go to save your own hide.

Rumors are swirling all around that the athletic department is through with you--when you say things like this, it makes me think that they're not just rumors.

Quit running off at the mouth, quit misquoting coaches, and maybe you'll earn a stripe or two back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN

Aug 10, 2007, 9:38 PM

In no way did Coach K throw RH under the bus. Mickey was wrong on that. He is now doing more harm than good for Clemson.

Um.. I can tell ya this....

Aug 10, 2007, 9:55 PM

Meeeeecky likes to say
"I can tell ya this"

"heeeelloooo meeekeey. helloo fayans."***

Aug 10, 2007, 9:55 PM

null

HAHAHA,,O man that is mean,,dude.*

Aug 10, 2007, 10:11 PM

nm

Mickey Plyler is a big joke, fwiw***

Aug 10, 2007, 10:24 PM

I don't appreciate a guy who makes his living.....

Aug 10, 2007, 10:43 PM

...talking to the Clemson audience taking a pot shot at our DC in August. It's uncalled for.
It's August. We got a football season to get ready for. Koenning is the guy we're going to war with. KOENNING is our guy. It's time for everyone on our side to be on our side.

I didn't appreciate Writer Dan's article talking about Bowden's 'seemingly' unconcerned nature regarding criticism. Bowden's the coach. Bowden says he is unconcerned. Don't let the editorial spin writer tell me, and the Clemson fans, YOU think Bowden might, deep down inside be concerned. It's like calling him a liar. When you do that, you'r shaping public opinion in a way that is not in CU's best interest.

The idea that "I'm 100% behind Clemson as long as the linebackers blitz as often as I want them to blitz....." just seems unneeded in August.

Jim Phillips was never critical of a Clemson player or coach. I like that approach from the people I listen to who publicly talk about Clemson for a living.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i quit reading his blog after the whole dwight jones debacle

Aug 10, 2007, 11:02 PM

he's kind of an idiot in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys need to grow up. How can you say anything about

Aug 10, 2007, 11:23 PM

Mickey, yet come back to this site and see all the "Fire Tommy" talk that crops up after each loss. You are nothing more than babies who get mad whenever anyone has an opinion different than your own. In my opinion, Koenning did throw Herring under the bus. How about worrying about keeping teams like Kentucky out of the endzone and not worrying about former coaches, or you may end up with the same fate.

twjtiger--or should I say, Mrs. Plyler:

Aug 10, 2007, 11:35 PM

Since you are acting as Mickey's surrogate, please explain to me on his behalf exactly how Koenning threw Herring under the bus. Please use direct quotes from the interview. Please respond directly and honestly.

I don't bash Bowden on here--check my posts. But the fans that do don't portray themselves as holier-than-thou piplines to the heart of the university's athletic department as your dear friend Mickey does, and if they want to vent their frustration, then so be it. But when Mickey lies about what a coach says, that means something. He's been given a forum by this website and by WCCP which allow him access to coaches and players--something that the rest of us don't have. I simply expect him to use those forums responsibly.

Please don't bother responding to this if you're not going to back up your blathering post with facts and details.

Thanks.

Chirp....chirp.***

Aug 11, 2007, 12:47 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plyler won't even read this. hahaha!

Aug 11, 2007, 5:53 AM

I find it funny that this chap thinks that Mickey will come on in the middle of the night to read this. Mickey could care less what you think. I like Mickey, he is honest and has great prespective.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic