Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KornCOOT: Public Enemy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,740

KornCOOT: Public Enemy

May 25, 2010, 11:48 AM

At the start of May, Phil Kornblut ran an article stating that Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway was a “done deal” to transfer to Clemson thanks to a “source”. CUTigers.com following Kornblut’s lead and ran a headline about Clemson receiving Holloway’s transfer and later ESPN picked up the story and ran it on their ticker. Last week, Ole Miss’ Athletic Director denied Holloway’s transfer request to Clemson citing “drumbeats” that Clemson had contacted Holloway prior to his release from Ole Miss as his rationale for denying the release to Clemson.

To our knowledge, Clemson made no improper contact with Holloway and operated completely under the NCAA rules and regulations, but Kornblut’s article, CUTigers’ article and ESPN picking-up the story was enough smoke for Ole Miss’ AD to think that Clemson had tampered with Holloway.

Ultimately an irresponsible article by Kornblut did nothing but hurt Clemson's chances to land Holloway.

This is nothing new. Kornblut has antagonized Clemson for years.

Who can forget Kornblut’s “on air/off air” attack on Tommy Bowden several years ago?

Kornblut's Attack on Tommy Bowden

Or Kornblut’s interview with CJ Spiller’s Mom about CJ transferring to Florida?

Kornblut has also allegedly repeatedly phoned prospects that Clemson and South Carolina are battling for while Clemson coaches are present in an effort to be disruptive and break up the rhythm of the in-home visit.

Kornblut does not have much of a relationship with anyone at Clemson. Kornblut was not popular with Tommy West or his staff at Clemson, Kornblut was not popular with Tommy Bowden or his staff at Clemson, and Kornblut is not popular with Dabo Swinney or his staff. Nothing is different in regards to basketball as Oliver Purnell’s staff did not trust him, and you can certainly imagine how Brad Brownell and his staff feel about Kornblut right now.

On the other hand, Kornblut is, allegedly, very close with several current and former South Carolina coaches. He has a strong relationship with USC assistants Brad Lawing and Ellis Johnson, and former assistants Dave Roberts and Ron Cooper.

Former Clemson assistant coach Rich Bisaccia had a strong relationship with Kornblut while Bisaccia was the recruiting coordinator for USC. When Bisaccia left USC for Clemson, he cut Kornblut off. That should say it all about the level of trust Kornblut has at Clemson.

Phil Kornblut is not an unbiased journalist. He is a USC alumnus with a strong anti-Clemson agenda. He has been persona non-grata as far as Clemson coaches are concerned for over a decade. But for whatever reason, Kornblut is still allowed to attend Clemson sporting events as a media member, eat Clemson’s food and sits in Clemson’s press row where Kornblut has been caught browsing USC fan websites and listening to USC Athletic events on the radio.

Kornblut then returns to Columbia, where he gets on the radio and rips Clemson.

But for whatever reason, Clemson’s athletic leadership does nothing to eradicate this problem. Terry Don Phillips has the power to sign off on Clemson’s Sports Information Department blackballing Kornblut, but this has yet to take place. Why has this not been done? How much more will Kornblut hurt Clemson before TDP wakes up and takes action against Kornblut?

This man must be removed from covering all Clemson athletics events immediately. His reputation and credibility in Clemson have been in question for well over a decade. Very few Clemson fans take him seriously, and his reputation falls further with each stunt he pulls. In fact, he has graduated from simply insulting Clemson and Clemson coaches on the radio and annoying our coaches and recruits to directly hurting Clemson on the recruiting trail through his behavior.

To paraphrase Kornblut, Terry Don Phillips, “in your heart of hearts,” you know that it’s long past time to pull the plug on Phil Kornblut. Once and for all, get this man the hell out of our athletics venues.

We encourage everybody to call and email TDP and demand that Kornblut's Clemson Media credentials be revoked.

pterry@clemson.edu
(864) 656-1935

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best way to handle Phil is to stop listening to his show

May 25, 2010, 12:03 PM

and boycott his sponsors. Call the sponsors and tell them you are boycotting their goods and services and why you are doing so. The "kiss of death" in business is to have buyers avoid your product. This will get you zapped quicker than anything else. The consumer is in control when this happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or run over him with your car.

May 25, 2010, 1:07 PM

and then back-up and do it again, and again, and again.....

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

bu bump.***

May 25, 2010, 1:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Then throw it in reverse***

May 25, 2010, 1:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

would never happen. Folks on here talk about Phil Kornblut

May 25, 2010, 4:39 PM [ in reply to The best way to handle Phil is to stop listening to his show ]

and drum up so much attention for him that any sponsor would be nuts to skip out on that type of publicity.

Heck, he gets more talk on here than about anywhere.

We can do that but it wouldnt solve the problem

May 25, 2010, 12:06 PM

We cant restrict him from reporting, if you want to call it that. Just cause he cant attend events, talk to coaches or players etc., doesnt mean he cant contact player's families or recruits and report on that. Also, most pressers are carried online or on the radio so while he may not be able to attend and ask questions, he sure can report/make things up based on listening.

Yes this is true, but him not having access will eliminate

May 25, 2010, 12:30 PM

the possibility he has contact with a recruit at a Clemson event.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

We also wouldn't have to pay for his fat ###

May 25, 2010, 12:39 PM

to eat in the press box.

http://theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/2010/05/public-enemy.html

wouldn't matter

May 25, 2010, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Yes this is true, but him not having access will eliminate ]

Phil rarely calls recruits anyway. He has assistants that do that sort of stuff most of the time.

Clemson would no more prevent him from attending events than they would prevent the lights from coming on in university buildings.

My E-Mail to TDP

May 25, 2010, 12:23 PM

Mr. Phillips,

Good afternoon. I am writing to you to request that you revoke Phil Kornblutt's Clemson media credentials. He does not act as an impartial member of the media. In fact, I think there is strong evidence to support the fact that he is anti-Clemson. There is no reason for him to have any kind of behind-the-scenes access at Clemson, and I believe his time and efforts would be better focused elsewhere.

I'm sure you are aware of the Murphy Holloway transfer fiasco that he created. This is just one example of the problems he has caused in his time covering Clemson, but to me, this is the straw that breaks the camels back. He is hurting our athletic department, and the vast majority of fans do not support him in any way. Please take my words to heart and revoke Phil Kornblutt's Clemson media credentials.

Regards,
_____ _____ (name included in e-mail)
Class of 2009

null

Re: My E-Mail to TDP- responses on these?

May 25, 2010, 1:16 PM

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone gets a response and what it says. Doubt you will but it would be interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TDP probably does not even know how to operate an email

May 27, 2010, 1:35 PM [ in reply to My E-Mail to TDP ]

account...

Re: KornCOOT: Public Enemy

May 25, 2010, 12:46 PM

Kornblutt is not very bright. The type of things he has done has enraged a lot of Clemson fans, some of which might actually be inclined to do him physical harm. It would probably be to his benefit to be absent from Clemson sporting events. When you practice the type of journalism that inflames, you would be wise to learn how to duck.

If he eats our food it shouldn't be too hard to poison him.***

May 25, 2010, 3:22 PM

Wow... Tin-foil hat brigade UNITE!!!

May 25, 2010, 4:28 PM

You say that to your knowledge Clemson had no official contact with Holloway. But you choose to ignore the fact that Kornblut said the exact same thing in the same article you reference.

I'm not suggesting he's not biased. Everyone is biased. But good lord people.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

No use Toogie

May 25, 2010, 4:38 PM

Their minds are made up.

But folks have the right to be 100% wrong.

And both of you are off your reservation as usual. Get lost

May 25, 2010, 5:58 PM

and go back to whining about your own problems on your own outrageous site.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those two are so envious of Clemson that they can not

May 25, 2010, 7:10 PM

stay away.

How long until you delete this defense of korncoot ?

May 25, 2010, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Wow... Tin-foil hat brigade UNITE!!! ]

Your credibility, which is in the neighborhood of msnbc, just keeps taking hits.

LOL... I have never deleted a post of my own.

May 25, 2010, 11:41 PM

But I have no doubt I get reported pretty often which might result in the mods removing something.

Question... why don't you give the site a little something for the effort... like I do.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

It would appear you do not pay enough for their service

May 27, 2010, 11:37 AM

since they delete the foolish posts for you.(rolling my eyes) Send more money to Tigernet.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic