Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interview with Swofford..update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Interview with Swofford..update

Mar 26, 2012, 11:32 AM

The more I thought about being put off...again...by the ACC in our request for an interview with Commissioner Swofford,the more I realized that a 1-on-1 is really the only way we are going to get answers.

For those who don't know, TigerNet has been trying - unsuccessfully - to get an interview with the ACC Commissioner for two months now. Each time, the answer has been "email your questions over and we will answer them."

The first time we responded with a list of questions - regarding the schedule, conference expansion, the TV contract - we never received a response despite numerous phone calls and emails.

And last week, we again submitted an official request for an interview and were told that he was very busy, to send them over by email, etc.

So this morning I sent over yet another request for an interview in person and not by email. And I outlined the reasons why...Swofford's involvement in Clemson's probation in the early 80's. I mentioned that this was an issue that had been hanging out there for years and needed to be resolved, and that the commissioner was truly the only person that could answer those questions.

At this point, there is no sense in pulling punches. We needed to submit the request and let them know the reasoning behind it.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it seems a bum rush interview is in store.***

Mar 26, 2012, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect Swofford knows this...

Mar 26, 2012, 11:35 AM

and may be why he is avoiding it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ CRUMP!!!! delete this crap...***

Mar 26, 2012, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interview with Swofford..update

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! go get that #$%@#$&#$%

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd be willing to bet my last dollar they already knew the

reason david. there's a story here, but i wouldn't bet on a comment from the commish.

has anyone contacted harry frampton to see his and possibly the advisory board's take on the acc now, then and moving forward?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^posters like this^^^

Mar 26, 2012, 11:43 AM

IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE PHONEBOOKS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when i moved into my house

Mar 26, 2012, 11:45 AM

property values dropped in the neighborhood.

Re: when i moved into my house

Mar 26, 2012, 1:56 PM

Trailor parks have value? ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i gots 52 inches of pure plasma pleasure

Mar 26, 2012, 2:03 PM

in mah double wide.

Kudos to you for pressing the issue David.

Mar 26, 2012, 11:48 AM

But I'll bet that the cowardly weasel knows why you want to interview him and that's why he's ducking you. It's probably going to take an ambush on your part, but TU to you for your perseverance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Take Danny Ford up there, maybe JS will talk to him

Mar 26, 2012, 11:57 AM

Along with maybe Jeff Davis and Michael Dean Perry - they're still commanding presences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now my knowledge of journalism is very sparse,

Mar 26, 2012, 11:59 AM

but could you find a way to tag team this with Yahoo Sports? From uncheat's perspective, it's probably fairly easy to put off a Clemson interview, but if you simply ignore an interview request or three from Yahoo, I feel like that would only add to the curiosity and invoke Yahoo to do its own research.

Really appreciate the work, keep up the efforts, and Go Tigers!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's such a joke that this is the way we get treated by

Mar 26, 2012, 12:16 PM

"our" Commissioner. Until we get someone in that seat who's not from Tobacco Road we're going to continue to be jerked around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep up the great work David!

Mar 26, 2012, 12:20 PM

Glad to see someone fighting!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep asking the hard questions.***

Mar 26, 2012, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ONLY way you are getting anything out of Swoffie is to

Mar 26, 2012, 12:31 PM

corner him in person at a game or event and politely demand 5 to 10 minutes of his time. Or at some sort of press conference, in front of dozens of other members of the media, ask him why he's been avoiding you for months and your official requests for an interview.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you must have a lot of reporter contacts. If you

Mar 26, 2012, 12:32 PM

continue to get putoff, try and get Ron Morris to stir the pot by writing a story about Swofford stonewalling on this questions. He has some balls love him or hate him...feel like he'd do it.

Make the same requests to the Post and Courier in Charleston, the Raleigh paper, the Charlotte paper, the Greenville News, etc.

Once, the papers get it out there, he won't able to continue and stonewall. If he does he has egg on his face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OCCUPY GREENSBORO!***

Mar 26, 2012, 12:38 PM

one thing to consider.....

Mar 26, 2012, 4:56 PM

they might not want it back

THEN what do we do????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you do get to see him, do me a favor and

Mar 26, 2012, 12:39 PM

kick him square in the n..u..t..s (or at least in the place where they should be)!!!!

Great job. I agree...please kick him in the nads until his

Mar 26, 2012, 12:40 PM

heels leave the floor.

David, there HAS to be a reporter from a state/city paper

Mar 26, 2012, 12:44 PM

that understands the issues here and sees that there is a very large story waiting to be told.

If you were to write up a story about swofford dodging your interview requests as a reporter for TNet, then it won't be seen as legit.

If such a story is written in a state/city paper, it will garner much more attention and be seen as legit.

Keep up the fight!

TORCHES AND AN ANGRY AMBUSH !!!

Mar 26, 2012, 12:51 PM

You need to contact the kid that did the expose on ACORN

Mar 26, 2012, 12:56 PM

a couple of years ago and sic him on the ACC office.

Time to put on your man pants!!! Go get 'em***

Mar 26, 2012, 12:59 PM

I firmly believe that Swofford lacks the skill to sit down

Mar 26, 2012, 1:13 PM

with you face-to-face and come out of the interview unscathed. Clearly HE believes he has something to be ashamed of, or he would end the witch hunt. He knows it looks bad so he's running from it. The "e-mail the questions" tactic is a delay and a chance to see if he can placate the masses without sticking his neck out. Good for you for not falling for that.

null

Has anyone compared our punishment to UNC's??

Mar 26, 2012, 1:19 PM

along with the rules that were broken? I would be curious to see this and I think this would be good to bring to the interview (if it ever happens). Show him the facts and ask him why he isn't fighting for anything more like he did to us...

The severity of each punishment is less critical than the

Mar 26, 2012, 1:52 PM

reason for each punishment. Suffice it to say that Clemson received significantly harsh punishment in the early 1980s. The extra year by the ACC was added to protect the academic reputation of the conference. Our violations, however, were not academic in nature. They were recruiting violations. UNC's violations, by contrast, represent significant insitutional academic corruption. So, the reason for our extra year of probation, while not really addressing the violations we committed, strike right dead-center on the violations that UNC committed (of course, they did more than that, but at the least they had academic corruption).

null

Dude, that just cannot be true. It makes no sense for it to

Mar 26, 2012, 4:52 PM

have happened like that. Only someone with a vendetta would do that to a sister school.

Re: Interview with Swofford..update

Mar 26, 2012, 2:01 PM

send a copy to ESPN also they might be able to help, try all the big time media CBS, Fox ring enough door bells someone will open the door

Swofford is spineless, I wouldn't hold my breath for an

Mar 26, 2012, 2:03 PM

interview of any kind. I do applaud your persistence, however. Like others have said, the only way to get him to talk is to literally corner him like a trapped animal and force the issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Maybe he's too busy to waste his time talking about things

Mar 27, 2012, 8:50 AM

that happened in the 80's.

This is about unc's academic cheating in the new millenium.

Mar 27, 2012, 3:17 PM

Please stay focused, people.

David........

Mar 27, 2012, 10:36 AM

if you pull this off you will quickly be put in hero status. THANK YOU and keep up the pressure!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will donate $50 to your travel/hotel expenses in the

Mar 27, 2012, 3:16 PM

event that you need to drive up there and camp outside their offices until you get an interview. I am sure others would as well.

Let us know what we can do to help, David.

I'll supply a copy of Penthouse, a 40oz. of malt liquor,

Mar 27, 2012, 7:52 PM

3 rubber bands, and a partially used copy of Chuck Palahniuk's book Pygmy. I also have a coupon for a free Dilly Bar at DQ if you want it.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic