Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris tidbit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Chad Morris tidbit

May 10, 2013, 1:47 PM

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee was in Gainesville yesterday to see Deshaun, and me being me, I had to talk to him. Turns out he is a really good guy, and admires Chad Morris a lot. He told me a story about Chad that goes back to 2006....Gus Malazahn was at Arkansas, and held a coaching clinic. Chad Morris was coaching high school football in Texas at the time, and he went to the clinic. Long after everyone had left, Chad was still there. Rhett said they finally just went into a back room and talked offense and diagrammed plays all night. He said they literally stayed in that room until the sun came up. Rhett said that Clemson has the best offensive coordinator in the country. Just thought I would share

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And thats coming from an SEC coach***

May 10, 2013, 1:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris tidbit

May 10, 2013, 1:48 PM

Good one, David.

Gotta hold on to that one.

Chad is a true

May 10, 2013, 1:55 PM

Mad Scientist.

When he leaves....

May 10, 2013, 1:57 PM

and it would be hard to imagine him not taking a head coaching job, can we honestly keep D. Watson with us? Good reporting by the way.

He will be enrolling in January right

May 10, 2013, 2:00 PM

so that will make it easier and i honestly don't see any job coming open that CCM would interested in. SO many were available last year that think very few good ones will open up in the next 2 years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: He will be enrolling in January right

May 10, 2013, 4:10 PM

Depends on how Texas, Oregon, and Southern Cal do...

May 10, 2013, 9:08 PM

Texas! yes that is the only one i am possibly concerned about. I was actually telling someone that the other day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

May 12, 2013, 1:39 PM

I don't think Texas is a player. Schools don't designate a head-coach-in-waiting anymore due to recruiting rules, but it doesn't mean they don't have someone already on staff (like Applewhite). It's either that or they go for a big name head coach. Problem is, some of the big names they could choose are at Baylor and TCU, either of which would be a good job for Chad.

wow...what kind of money will make him stay with us

May 10, 2013, 1:59 PM

can we pay like $2mil/year to keep him with us if we have a BCS win type of season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have him for at least this year, but you have to figure

May 10, 2013, 2:00 PM

if we have as stellar a year as we should on paper, then some major program is going to offer him a job. You cannot expect him to turn down the head job at a major program to remain an OC, no matter how much we love Clemson.

Tell 'em coot***

May 10, 2013, 3:37 PM

Ah, I was wondering when you were going to show up

May 10, 2013, 4:17 PM

Is this guy a bot, or just really that unimaginative?

I had no idea you stayed on this board monitoring.

May 10, 2013, 10:56 PM

Keep it up !

Re: We have him for at least this year, but you have to figure

May 11, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to We have him for at least this year, but you have to figure ]

Sounds like jealousy b/c No school would come after Spurprick even for just a one year contact. There just isn't a market for antique used up coaches. Even if the coots would fire their antique coach, he would still report for work at coot school for dummies at 12 noon sharp most days. That would be depending how bad his dementia had a hold of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Clemson University will hang on to Chad

May 10, 2013, 4:00 PM

for a long long time.

Somehow make it impossible for him to ever want to leave.

Chad will go when the time is right.

May 10, 2013, 4:05 PM

And when the time is right, Dabo will go get the next amazing talent that no one thought we could get. Dabo is the thing that holds everything together.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

If it's going to a head coaching job at Texas A&M

May 10, 2013, 4:22 PM

I still hope Clemson does everything in their power to keep him.

Chad made an immediate impact with his offense and adjustments in attitude and toughness. A go getter.

Hopeful either this year or next we'll see a vast improvement with Brent's defense.

So far Dabo has made better decisions in coaching personnel than Tommy ever did.

Not to be a contrarian, but "than Tommy" doesn't come close

May 10, 2013, 5:49 PM

to evaluating what Dabo has done. Morris IS one of the best and Venables will prove this year that he is, too. I've said it several times before, but get ready for the defensive accolades. Our front 7 "too deep" plays with anybody in the country. Bet! When the secondary comes together (and they will at some point), this D will be dominant. Add that to a dominant O and we're talking top 10 and possible NC runs EVERY year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to be a contrarian, but "than Tommy" doesn't come close

May 10, 2013, 7:47 PM

I've been waiting for the secondary to come together for the past 3 years.

I hope it all comes together in the first game this season.

But I have high hopes that everything will work out well :)

If there wasn't difference in opinion on Tnet

May 10, 2013, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Not to be a contrarian, but "than Tommy" doesn't come close ]

then it would be a pretty boring board. :)

I was reluctant to compare the two. I do believe Dabo learned from some of Tommy's better attributes.

Tommy's biggest problem was when RR left. He never found an oc that could do a better job.

Re: Chad Morris tidbit

May 10, 2013, 6:18 PM

2 mill $ and still get to coach the offensive. He is very good oc but might not be a great HC. I think he will be here for about 4/5 years. Get bank acct full / retirement setup before going to HC. He enjoys being the OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there wasn't difference in opinion on Tnet

May 11, 2013, 12:57 AM

Tommy failed because the teams never lived up to hype and because he never won the Atlantic division. We had all the talent in the world to do those things. He was only around for as long as he was because of his record against South Carolina IMO.

Clemson doesn't do knee-jerk!

May 11, 2013, 4:04 PM

We are careful about hiring and firing. We give everybody a more than fair chance to work the ends and outs of their job before we replace them.

We just find dismissing a coach distasteful unlike the SEC teams who are ready to fire a good man after a loss or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson doesn't do knee-jerk!

May 11, 2013, 7:04 PM

Tell that to all the "Fire Dabo" idiots out there simply because of a little "streak" going on....

I detest that crowd!!

Dabo is going to END that "streak" this year and Clemson is going to "retain" a couple of darn fine coaches!!

Believe it!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic