Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good summary of lawsuit amendment
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,201

Good summary of lawsuit amendment

May 2, 2024, 3:38 PM

https://x.com/jon_blau/status/1786097068110418137?s=46

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good summary of lawsuit amendment

May 2, 2024, 4:39 PM

Here's my take on this.

Someone at Clemson finally figured out that the ACC is stalling this lawsuit and will drag it out as long as possible. Every time FSU AND CLEMSON file a brief the ACC asks for weeks to respond, whereas FSU/CLEMSON only ask for a week.

The revenue sharing plan being devised over the weekend to try to be the settlement between House vs NCAA will probably go into effect this fall. Thus the Power 4 teams could be on the hook for 20 million a year revenue sharing if they decide to do the max. Of 20 million per team.

So, Clemson knows that due to the rapidly changing college landscape, the BIG AND/ or ACC may take 2 or 4 new teams soon. If 2, 1 will be ND. THAT LEAVES 1. If 4, 1 will be ND, THAT LEAVES 3. Those teams will be fighting like the 3rd monkey in line waiting to board the ark and it has started to rain. Clemson does not want to be caught fighting a slow moving court battle with the ACC. They want out and they want that extra money to pay for the revenue sharing.

Someone has looked at the 100% failure of the NCAA to win any NIL court case and has decided that maybe we need to make this a trade restraint case against the ACC. OUR NIL becomes our media rights. The ACC is restraining our rights to market our NIL, aka media rights. And if we win, we get damages tripled.

If I am correct, this is a brilliant strategy. If I'm wrong, won't be the first time or last.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 7:56 PM

Everything you say lacks verification or intelligence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 4:49 PM

I was totally unaware that Clemson was requesting damages from the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. I'm no attorney.

May 2, 2024, 5:45 PM

But as a layman it appears to me that FSU and Clemson are not playing "good cop / bad cop" any more, if they ever were.

I know this case is extremely complicated and complex in terms of the law. It is not, in spite of what some on the internet try to claim, a slam dunk for either side.

I'm still convinced that the ultimate solution will be an out of court settlement (for both FSU and Clemson) where both schools agree to pay a certain amount to leave the conference and void the GOR for them. I suspect the amount will be around 150M, but that is pure speculation on my part.

3 months ago I thought the agreement would be made so that 2024 would be Clemson and FSU's last season in the ACC. Now I think there is about a 60% chance 2025 will be the last year.

Thanks again. I can't wait to here some attorney's weigh in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks. I'm no attorney.

May 2, 2024, 7:07 PM

I think a fair exit fee for Clemson is $63.17. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks. I'm no attorney.

May 2, 2024, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Thanks. I'm no attorney. ]

Believe the settlement is the ultimate out and Clemson is driving our side of the ledger to add leverage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,201
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic