Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,301

If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post

May 7, 2024, 9:59 AM

I am sure this not news to many and was posted by some nerd already.

I was curious after reading the ESPN comments besmiching our offense, as to how the 23 offense compared to the 22 offense.

Here are the numbers. I admit that I thought 22 would have been worse but we were pretty lousy in 23. I expect the Luke factor and more speed at WR to help this year. If we could get in the upper 20's, I think we could make a run with our D...

2022 / 2023
Rank 30 / 52
PPG 33.2 / 29.8
Yards 5744 / 5235
1 dwns 321 / 304
Rshng 2491 / 2266
pass 3253 / 2969
TOs 25 / 29

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post***

May 7, 2024, 10:16 AM

What are you and your ex-girlfriend smoking? 😉 Digress to success is like a rope a dope strategy.

i don't get credit for this ... but i completely agree

May 7, 2024, 10:30 AM

A big part of the problem (Garret Riley not succeeding) looks like this:

Max Duggan > Cade Klubnik

Quentin Johnston > Beaux Collins

Keontae Miller > Will Shipley

TCU Offensive Line > Clemson Offensive Line

** Cade is good enough. Mafah is the NFL RB that never developed as he should have because of a lack of whole game reps. The WR Room never looked the part. The OL. soft. That hopefully all changes in a few months.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats way over exaggerated.***

May 7, 2024, 10:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thats way over exaggerated.***

May 7, 2024, 10:40 AM

Which part? I agree with all of it

It starts with the QB then trickles down.

May 7, 2024, 2:54 PM

WR, OL, and RB.

He is 100% correct!***

May 7, 2024, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Thats way over exaggerated.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not 100%***

May 7, 2024, 2:54 PM

Re: i don't get credit for this ... but i completely agree

May 7, 2024, 10:52 AM [ in reply to i don't get credit for this ... but i completely agree ]

Nike I tend to agree for the most part. Duggan had a great year. I watched them a lot in 22 because we were in the playoff chase and they were in front of us in the rankings. Duggan had a great year and had great weapons around him. Better than Cade had here last year.

On the other hand, Cade was flat at awful last year and has to make big improvements, especially with decision making. I do not think Cade is devoid of talent. The bad interceptions were one thing. Even TL and DW had bad interceptions at times. But, disobeying coaching instructions at the end of games or halves, and the boneheaded decision making cannot continue or he will need to sit.

Duggan was a..

May 7, 2024, 4:58 PM

veteran QB(former 4*, very athletic) and the WR an All-American 1st round pick, with length and speed, a prototypical NFL WR1, unfamiliar with their Oline personnel at the time or any time. RB comp is close probably a wash-

Yeah - I would have thought '23 was better. But look no further than the SC

May 7, 2024, 10:37 AM

game - where The Tiger O couldn't even score a TD against a horrible SC defense. Heck, The Tigers only managed 3 40+-yard FGs...which means we couldn't even get to their 20 yard line.

I don't really see much from ESPN - but they were right - if they said The Tiger O needs to show A LOT of improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was smoking weed with my ex when I saw this poast. Thanks for sharing***

May 7, 2024, 11:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post

May 7, 2024, 11:44 AM

I think you're forgetting one of the most important things here.

Dabo influencing plays at Clemson vs Sonny Dykes influencing plays at TCU. I don't know what the answer is here, but I believe it's a factor.

Someone above even pointed out the SC game. Dabo himself admitted that he controlled the play-calling.

Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post

May 7, 2024, 12:40 PM

Yeah that warrants consideration. I didn’t put much stock into it until Dabo himself made the comment about vetoing passing plays. Given the turnovers and lack of a great passing game, can’t blame him. But it confirms he has final say in all play calls.

May 7, 2024, 1:31 PM

Also, I think Dabo taking a larger role in calling plays os the reason the offense has fallen off so bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong. Dabo has never changed his approach***

May 7, 2024, 2:56 PM

He has had *say* since day 1.***

May 7, 2024, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post ]

And you know all that how?***

May 7, 2024, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post ]

Re: And you know all that how?***

May 7, 2024, 3:39 PM

As I said, Dabo said it himself.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/story/swinney-on-passing-attack-against-gamecocks-i-dont-think-ive-ever-said-no-as-much-21756

Years of anecdotal evidence****

May 7, 2024, 5:02 PM [ in reply to And you know all that how?*** ]

May 7, 2024, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post ]

While I absolutely love Coach DS, Dykes is a really solid offensive mind. Dude had had guys put up offensive numbers wherever he went. So I would give the play calling edge to him if it comes down to it. But a LOT more to being a HC that I put stock in Dabo for.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2024, 5:51 PM

I think that’s a fair assessment.

Blasphemy****

May 7, 2024, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: If I may interupt the talk about weed and ex girlfriends for a football post ]

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,301
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic