Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No apology necessary
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1,651

No apology necessary

Mar 29, 2024, 9:36 AM

I know I will get hated for this but.... I have been a Brownell critic and one magical run in the tournament does not change that. One good year does not change 14 years of underachieving. Monty Lee was fired 7 years in after one losing season yet Brownell has been given 14 years and has just now done something to be proud of. He has had 6 seasons of <55% wins. That is not a good coach. Everyone is throwing out how many apologies need to be issued to Brownell because of one good year. My apologies don't come cheap, and to those that are standing in line to apologize to Brownell just remember this next year when the magic doesn't not return and these players have moved on. Don't let the euphoria of a great tournament run cripple the basketball program for the next 14 years. There is no apology necessary.

Proud of this team and the players who have had to rise above to achieve what none of us believed possible. I celebrate the players who have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that Clemson can not only be competitive in basketball but achieve at the highest level. To them I wish the best of luck in their upcoming game against Alabama. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, you could have simply waited a week

Mar 29, 2024, 9:39 AM

Instead of going all 'Eeyore' today. Timing dilutes the message, but underscores the misery you choose to inflict upon yourself. That's rather sad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, you could have simply waited a week

Mar 29, 2024, 10:07 AM

Most people will agree with you and that's fine. I get it. Misery? No. Just want future student athletes to have a fair shot.

Re: No apology necessary

Mar 29, 2024, 9:40 AM

I’ve been a critic but he’s proven this year what most of us wanted to see - Tourney success (whether it’s conference or ACC). Sure, it’s only one sample since 2018s sweet 16 run but it’s one that’s only been done ONE OTHER TIME IN CLEMSON HISTORY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just such horrible timing and beyond a narcissistic post to think that anybody gives a crap about your apology or no apology. We just made it to the elite eight and this is what you wanna post. Bro get over yourself.

Message was edited by: BaseballCharlie®

Message was edited by: BaseballCharlie®

Mar 29, 2024, 2:59 PM

I hear you. Pour it on....

no youre entitled to your opinion regardless of how stupid it may be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2024, 3:12 PM

Thank you. Understood. At least you are consistent.

Mar 29, 2024, 10:10 AM

Lol you think the other Sweet 16 run was underachieving. Well done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2024, 3:01 PM

I think 14 years is too long to be excited about two sweet 16 appearances and 1 win as it relates to a coach. The student athletes deserve all the praise and support they are getting.

Mar 29, 2024, 10:29 AM

Thou doth think a lot of yourself.

Ignore engaged

Mar 29, 2024, 3:02 PM

Got it.

Are you watching ? Are you listening ??

Mar 29, 2024, 10:39 AM

This team has rallied 100% behind their coach and are playing the best basketball of the season...and it happens to be when it matters the most.

Elite 8 appearance will get you leniency. No it does not change the lack of success over many years, but you are relating this as if Clemson is UNC/Duke/UConn in the basketball world.

This year is going to be remembered for many years by many people. The eyeballs of some top recruits are now looking at Clemson thinking things like... how fun would it be in those hills on football Saturdays, playing against and beating the blue-bloods in UNC/Duke teams that make playing the game so much fun.

This run to the Elite 8 may/could change the narrative around Clemson basketball. Brownell is a large part of that so let us all enjoy this ride and no matter how it ends it is as much fun as I have had in 40+ years of watching roundball. Let it be fun, not drowned out with thoughts of previous short-comings, especially since you cannot control what happens.

Go Tigers!!

Re: Are you watching ? Are you listening ??

Mar 29, 2024, 3:09 PM

There in lies the problem "we aren't Duke, NC, and Uconn". We never will be as long as we settle for "our place". In other sports we aren't willing to accept just attendance to a tournament. We expect to win and win with regularity. Is anyone really happy with the Basketball program as it stands? Is the Elite 8 once every 40 years our standard? It is not with Football, or Baseball and nor should it be. Basketball is no different.

Re: Are you watching ? Are you listening ??

Mar 29, 2024, 6:30 PM

Crzyhrs® said:

There in lies the problem "we aren't Duke, NC, and Uconn". We never will be as long as we settle for "our place". In other sports we aren't willing to accept just attendance to a tournament. We expect to win and win with regularity. Is anyone really happy with the Basketball program as it stands? Is the Elite 8 once every 40 years our standard? It is not with Football, or Baseball and nor should it be. Basketball is no different.

f

Since no coach in a hundred years has met the standard you want, can we agree changing coaches is not the answer?

Come play basketball so you can watch our football team

Mar 29, 2024, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Are you watching ? Are you listening ?? ]

is the recruiting pitch. Nor should it be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Come play basketball so you can watch our football team

Mar 29, 2024, 5:30 PM

If that is the recruiting pitch I agree, but I don't think that is reality.

We just matched the deepest run ever for CU basketball

Mar 29, 2024, 3:23 PM

matching 1980, 44 years ago. BB has made 2 Sweet 16s. Foster had 1, Ellis had 1, Barnes had 1. What could BB have done that has been done in the past for Clemson basketball?

Theoretically speaking, if Clemson makes the Final Four or even wins the national championship, will Brownell still be a bad coach? Will it still be one good season doesn't change anything?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We just matched the deepest run ever for CU basketball

Mar 29, 2024, 3:25 PM

Ask me again when/if that happens.

Well you answered the 2nd question but not the 1st; thanks for that***

Mar 29, 2024, 3:26 PM

You sorta answered the 2nd one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2024, 3:24 PM

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Even the ones that got nasty. I want nothing but the best for all our programs both revenue and non revenue sports. You all are passionate just as I am, and my opinion is honest if not popular.

My apologies dont come cheap - LOL careful buddy

Mar 29, 2024, 3:26 PM

With that inflated of an ego, you just may leave the atmosphere.

So who exactly are you to think you opinion is so righteous?

I’ve never heard of ya and could go on that way.

Re: My apologies dont come cheap - LOL careful buddy

Mar 29, 2024, 5:03 PM

Got it.

Mar 29, 2024, 3:41 PM

One good year in 14? Guess you missed the sweet 16 year or the other year we won a game in the dance or the year we broke the streak at UNC or the 22 wins last year. Perhaps you slept through those years?

Mar 29, 2024, 5:17 PM

I acknowledge this in an earlier post. Look before you leap. Secondly when do we stop thinking of our basketball program like a local high school where one trip to the Elite 8 in 40 years is progress? Its not and we can do better. When Clemson is ready to take basketball serious changes will be made. Until then we will beat the dead horse and still smell the stink. Proud of what the players have accomplished and they are deserving of every praise they get. But as a fan base we need to recalibrate on where we want to be in the next 14 years. Is this our peak, or can we do better. I think we can do better.

Mar 29, 2024, 5:06 PM

Dude, you keep saying 14 seasons which means you are not even giving him any credit for this season or any of the (6) 20 win seasons he has had over those 14 seasons. I too have been critical and have thought he had taken us as far as he could and it was time for a change but I will also give credit when it is due.

Your bias is so obvious that it totally wipes out any credibility you might have about anything else when you just paint the entire 14 seasons as if they were all the same.

Are you sure you aren't an Ole Mike skok?

Message was edited by: slwcu79®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2024, 5:27 PM

You were critical but now all is well and we are on the right path because of one magical season? Is basketball where you want it to be now, or do you think we can do better? Nothing has changed since the ACC tournament debacle, except we now have 3 more wins. Is the state of the program fixed? Are all ills repaired as if overnight? Biased or honest? Enjoy the team and celebrate its success but don't become clouded on what the end goal is. Clemson can be a top 10 contender in basketball every year if it wants to achieve that. That is the vision I have.

Mar 29, 2024, 5:38 PM

We started playing BB in 1912 and only one other coach has taken us to an Elite 8 in that time. That alone tells me the challenges are way more than just who is coaching the team. CBB is going to get some kind of an extension regardless of what people think and I am pulling for him to be able to build off the last 2 seasons of improvement. In fact, I hope he leverages this recent success to get some additional resources that can help him even more, though I believe our most recent investments have been warranted and generous. If he falters, then a call will have to be made at that point but for now, the phone isn't ringing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Youre allowed to have that opinion.

Mar 29, 2024, 5:10 PM

I disagree, but respect your right to have it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Youre allowed to have that opinion.

Mar 29, 2024, 5:18 PM

Thank you. Understood.

Go on with your bad self.

Mar 29, 2024, 6:21 PM

I am so sorry

Mar 29, 2024, 6:26 PM

You have a wife that doesn’t give you sex. Or a husband. Who knows.maybe one day you won’t be so backed up.

Re: I am so sorry

Mar 29, 2024, 8:46 PM

Got it. You have nothing to add. Roger.

Mar 29, 2024, 6:28 PM

Poor timing for a post like this. If you are a Clemson fan enjoy the moment, savor each victory! This team is playing lights out!

Mar 29, 2024, 7:00 PM

Absolutely poor timing of your criticism that irks everyone. We the team with no basketball history beat the #2 seed that goes to the dance almost automatically. We outplayed them probably 70% of the game and made mostly great adjustments. Timing is everything in sports. Who cares what we did in 2013 or 2016? We care what we are doing now. To moan about the previous 12 years or 82 years is meaningless. It's now and tomorrow.

The culture of Clemson basketball has to change to get great players. Do you think Duke has the #1 recruiting class for 2025 because of Jon Scheyer?

Mar 29, 2024, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: No apology necessary ]

Today or six months from today the truth is the truth.

Mar 29, 2024, 9:39 PM

Who won the basketball natty in 1984 or 1988? I have no clue withlooking it up. Who cares? It's 40 yrs ago. It's history and has zero to do with that program today.

Mar 29, 2024, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No apology necessary ]

I appreciate everything the student athletes are doing. They are good representatives of the program and our University and deserving of all your praise.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1,651
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic