Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sierra Leone Jockey being investigated.
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,051

Sierra Leone Jockey being investigated.

May 7, 2024, 4:30 PM

Sierra Leone's jockey is being investigated for his role in the bumping between SL and Forever Young coming down the final stretch. I'm curious to see what comes of this investigation and his viewpoint on the bumping. If you look at the slow-motion replay from the head on camera down the stretch, Forever Young's head is tilted towards SL. It appears that the jockey on Forever Young was attempting to steer into Sierra Leone's path to slow momentum. SL's jockey had his left arm extended trying to create space between the two. Regardless of who was at fault, the bumping cost both of the horses a Derby win. It will be interesting to hear the explanations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sierra Leone Jockey being investigated.

May 7, 2024, 4:39 PM

One of the announcers said afterward that both jockeys looked to be involved in the bumping.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Looked like SL was the instigator to me like FY

May 7, 2024, 4:57 PM

had position and SL repeatedly bumping - it was after the initial contact that FOs jockey turned the horses head in an attempt to hold position similar to a driver turning the wheel to help brace for impact when another car is coming into their lane repeatedly and trying to knock them off the road. Add in the fact the jockey for SL did a full arm extension into the other jockey, and I’m surprised SL wasn’t DQ’d on Saturday. I think it’s too late to do anything about race results but could be a suspension or other discipline coming for next Triple Crown race

Re: Looked like SL was the instigator to me like FY

May 7, 2024, 5:00 PM

I could easily see this argument as well.

Re: Looked like SL was the instigator to me like FY

May 7, 2024, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Looked like SL was the instigator to me like FY ]

If so, the jockey should be suspended. I thought that maybe the bumping was being reviewed when they were checking the video for the winner--would have made sense to get the placement correct on all three.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I Saw It Too ---

May 7, 2024, 5:07 PM

I've seen worse not get called for pass interference or a foul on any level of basketball.

It was too good of a finish to a race to worry about this now. It was definitely a heat of the moment act by both sides. Let them play.....let it go.

Re: I Saw It Too ---

May 7, 2024, 5:52 PM

Triple crown races do not condone interference by jockeys. In general, it is not condoned in major races. So, I think one or both jockeys will be punished. As already stated, that bumping was intentional and it cost one of them the race. It was obvious and I thought it was going to be reviewed before winner announced and both DQ'd. That's what should have happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rubbing is racing!***

May 7, 2024, 6:04 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,051
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next