Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Students are rejecting elite colleges like Columbia to attend Clemson
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,451

Students are rejecting elite colleges like Columbia to attend Clemson

Apr 26, 2024, 10:17 AM

"Never before have we seen so much interest in colleges like Clemson, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina State," assistant vice provost and executive director of undergraduate admissions at Georgia Tech, Rick Clark, told the outlet. "That’s just unprecedented."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/students-rejecting-elite-colleges-columbia-yale-going-southern-schools-clemson-report

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Students are rejecting elite colleges like Columbia to attend Clemson

Apr 26, 2024, 10:34 AM

Substitute "elite" with "overrated", and you've got yourself an accurate headline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 10:41 AM

The quality of the education you'd receive at those schools might be overrated, but the networking and job opportunities certainly aren't overrated. Just look at the average salaries for their graduates, or all the billionaires who attended those schools, or the number of people working in high-level government jobs who attended those schools.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but I saw an article earlier this week

Apr 26, 2024, 7:05 PM

Saying alums who are hiring are moving away from grads of those schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 10:43 AM

Substitute "elite" for "liberal wastelands that are expensive for no reason"

...you could also toss around phrases like "terrorist-supporting"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 10:47 AM

The Ivy League schools are only expensive if you can afford it. Most of them have need-based aid for students from low/middle-income families. Harvard is free if your parents make less than $85k/year combined.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Students are rejecting elite colleges like Columbia to attend Clemson ]

Loser Trump Trash-He McCain A loser And John Kellyu confirmed he called those who fought and died for this country suckers and losers. You buddy are the terrorist-Loser trump got his butt kicked twice deal with it.

Apr 26, 2024, 7:22 PM

Your poor grammar is about as lucid as Joe Biden‘s.

lol. that was 2 days ago and was totally an agenda peice***

Apr 26, 2024, 10:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 26, 2024, 12:01 PM

"Even if I could’ve gotten into Harvard, I wouldn’t have gone," Katz said.

Sounds like sour grapes. How many people were accepted into both Clemson and an Ivy League and chose Clemson?

Apr 26, 2024, 1:18 PM

Valedictorian of my high school was accepted to Harvard and Yale and went to Clemson. So it can happen

Apr 26, 2024, 12:16 PM

This generation of kids looking at colleges care much much less about prestige and much much more about the overall experience. Also, my teenagers and their friends don’t give a crap about “legacy”. They’re going to go where they want to go, and don’t really care where their parents went. Things have changed.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:37 PM

Both Columbia's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Students are rejecting elite colleges like Columbia to attend Clemson ]

Sounds like a You problem for not teaching them the value.

Thank you

Apr 26, 2024, 12:42 PM

Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

if you're loopy enough to even consider those kind of schools then please don't

Apr 26, 2024, 12:55 PM

come to Clemson. Go to one of the other schools that you mentioned.

Mods you can do better

Apr 26, 2024, 1:08 PM

It’s one thing for a user to post an article sourced from an agenda based political web site as real news (which they did earlier this week) but for the publisher of this site to also give it credibility is not great.

And no I’m not talking about FOXnews they rarely write their own stuff they’re basically an aggregator of stories from across the web and they often don’t give credit to who they source. This was the original story they stole from

https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2024/04/23/kids-are-beginning-to-pass-on-ivy-league-and-other-elite-schools-to-attend-colleges-in-the-south-n4928454

TonyCrumpton®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...

Apr 26, 2024, 1:20 PM

do we really want a bunch of people invading our campus and state with the same woke, liberal, radical left wing politics/mentality that ruined the states they are now so anxious to leave?

Don't bring that **** down here with you. Unpack it and leave it where you found it.

Just my .02 cents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 26, 2024, 2:21 PM

Common app means kids are applying to way more schools.

Population growth as a country means more kids competing for slots when the # of slots hasn’t kept up.

It’s also like if you’re a smart kid but you aren’t 1400+ SAT with double digit AP classes and amazing GPAs living up East you don’t have anywhere to go. The amount of kids from NJ that come down to Clemson I think would astonish TNet these days.

It makes sense though. If they aren’t gonna go to Rutgers, Princeton, or a private school in NYC you don’t really have an option. I guess the closest would be Penn St?

So kids are looking towards Clemson, Tenn, Auburn, FSU, NCST, VT etc etc

This is beyond the political angle.

My brother has a degree from Columbia

Apr 26, 2024, 3:19 PM

...and I told him 2 years ago I thought most of the smart kids are ending up at state schools.

Make no mistake, this isn't about a population shift from North to South either. It's more about ROI, and the reality that an IVY League degree is more of a Designer Label than an assurance that you'll land a better job, or get paid more $$$ than someone who attended a state school, or community college.

The Ivy Leagues are littered with people who are well connected, wealthy, and minorities, many of whome were accepted over more qualified white/Asian students.

IV's have been passing on the "best and brightest" for years. Their obvious disdain for Americans, and western civilization is a replant to moderate free-thinkers. They've earned their reputations as overpriced Marxist indoctrination centers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 3:31 PM

Israel is forever, and they are hated because God chose Abraham & Jerusalem and the Jewish people to bring the Savior, and to set up His future Kingdom.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 26, 2024, 5:53 PM

As long as they don’t bring their lib politics

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 7:13 PM

Someone could start an ad campaign stating : for the overall more rounded educational experience choose Clemson not those nerdy schools like Harvard or Yale.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,451
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next